Titans to pick 8th in 2011 Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by yanek27, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Good list...mine would be.
    1. Luck
    2. Fairley
    3. Bowers
    4. Peterson
    5. Amukamara
    6. Paea or Mallett....depending on what we do with Vince.

2. Fishman35

Fishman35 Starter

I thought it would be 6th pick, not 8th.

3. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

The MO on mallet is a NFL arm and great size. He makes good decisions. However. he fizzles under pressure. His choices get poor, and he tries to win the game with arm strength. Ive seen this a few times. He is a good prospect, but he isnt an elite one because of that flaw. Ofcourse, a team in desperate need of a QB may pick him high.

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

That was the MO before this season. With the exception of the Alabama game, Mallett played very well, leading game winning drives against Georgia and an LSU team that may have been the best defensive team they faced. He has shown growth this year, which is what the scouts wanted to see. Now he faces an Ohio State team in the BCS, will be interesting to see how he looks. I don't think he has moved into the top 5 yet, unless Zona takes him, but I can see him going pick 6-14 somewhere. The wildcard is Cam Newton, I don't want him, but some GM will take him very early based on his upside.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Drafting an SEC quarterback without the last name Manning is pretty much the beginning of the end of your franchise.

6. vinceisalive

vinceisalive Camp Fodder

Since we have the 8th pick, how about you fellas do a TOP 8 instead of a top 6.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

My top 8 (I only choose player I think we can get)
    - Patrick Peterson
    - Nick Fairley
    - Prince Akukamara
    - Stephen Paea
    - Micheal Pouncey
    - AJ Green
    - Da'Qaunn Bowers
    - Ryan Mallet

8. vinceisalive

vinceisalive Camp Fodder

Is that everyone but LUCK?

9. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

top 8 for the Titans, not how I think the draft will go.

1. Luck
    2. Fairley
    3. Peterson
    4. Bowers
    5. Amukumara
    6. Mallett
    7. Paea
    8. Quinn.....

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

IF Andrew Luck declares (I don't think he will) then he is going the LOWEST he is going is number 3 overall when the Bengals pick. Every player I listed has a shot to fall to Tennessee based on the needs of the other teams ahead of us.

There is a 100% chance that Andrew Luck will not be a Titan next season so I am not going to throw him on my board. If this was a mock then I would have had Luck going number 1 overall if he declares but it's not a mock draft; it is a big board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar