Titans to pick #5 & #18

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans23

Titans23 Starter

I think it depends if we trade back to #12 with Cleveland do we get our 2nd rounder back or take Cleveland's #33 overall. If we get their #33 overall then I think its a no brainer to take the trade. We would essentially get 3 first round talented players as someone will fall out of the first. The only hesitation I would have is if Allen or Garrett fell to #5, then I would have a hard time trading the pick away unless it was for a significant amount of picks. Allen/Garrett with Casey, Morgan, Orakpo would be a pretty nice 7 man front.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

The Titans should pick Mike Williams or Reuben Foster at #5

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. 305phonzo

305phonzo Starter

Mike Williams has solidified his spot as the 5th pick in the draft.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

Ya I was hoping we could be fortunate enough to take him at 18th overall as a steal(some mock drafts had him mid first found) but after that performance agaisnt bama, I'd be all for taking him 5th overall . He had two unrealll clutch catches in the 4th .

5. LangeSohne

LangeSohne Starter

I get the love for williams, especially after that performance. But at 5 we should get a truly elite player, irrespective of need. Especially because I doubt we'll be picking this high again for years to come. Let's get a generational talent now.

With 3 teams ahead of us possibly reaching for a QB, we have the luxury of possibly choosing one of our top 2 players on our draft board. Do you honestly think Williams will be one of the top 2 players on Jrob's entire draft board on draft night? I don't. I just don't see Jrob going WR with the 5th pick, which is what it would take to get Williams. If we stay at 5 and pick, I think we'll pass on williams and get an elite defensive talent. I really like williams but I won't be upset passing on him if the value isn't there.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

Corey Davis is gonna be available between 8-14, JRob likes consistent solid players over highlight reel ones, so i could see him drafting CB then WR

7. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

What CB at 5? Rather have Williams

8. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I agree. Which defenders would you suggest?

9. LangeSohne

LangeSohne Starter

Still figuring it out. I haven't done enough research yet. It would be great tho if the talent fits a need, like if Adams or Hooker is as special as some say.

10. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Can you imagine Corey Davis and Mariota on the same team?

The quietest and the most humble duo in the league lol

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar