Titans to pick #5 & #18

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'd rather trade down from 5 to 12 and pick up a 2nd rnder than move from the #18 spot.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

That's my dream. Imagine a trade back to 12ish.. Draft Mike Williams. At 18, Reuben Foster is still there. Then with our newly acquired 2nd, grab Adoree Jackson. Pair w a #1 CB FA signing.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Cause hes the only nfl athlete on the field in most of his games.

4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Anyone heard an update on Jackson's injury? Love to see him as our return man.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He's fine. Read an interview of his a few days after the game that he tried to go back in after they taped it but the ankle was just too stiff.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...se-Bowl-Win-and-Future-at-USC--409730735.html

6. aztitans

aztitans Starter

I would prefer for the Titans to take John Ross WR Washington at 18 to be our WR and return man. I think Adorre is a great athlete but undersized at CB and has got manhandled by decent college wr 's in Pac 12 plus I don't like the transition of most USC players to NFL with the exception of Jurell Casey, Leonard Williams, Clay Mathews Jr.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

So you don't like the ones who didn't succeed and like the ones who did? We can say that about every college...

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Carp

Carp Starter

I didn't consider that, but I'd be open to that as well, depending on who was avaliable at 5. Especially if we can pick up an extra 2nd and/or 3rd in 2018.

9. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

I think trading down from 5 to 12 is a real possibility. The Browns just hired Gregg Williams as DC and I have a feeling the Browns will focus on the defense. The Browns are drafting Myles Garrett #1 and sitting at #5 will be Jonathan Allen. That will give them a possible killer D-line. They will resign Jamie Collins at LB and possibly go after JPP to be the other end, although they do have Ogbah. May go after Hankins or Poe to complete their D-line giving the Browns an actual D to play with.

The trade comes for us in that Cleveland will give us their 1st pick in the 2nd round (#33). We come out ahead pointswise, but Cleveland will be willing to do that since they have our 2nd and Allen is worth it. I would say draft Allen ourselves but I wouldn't mind giving up Allen if we signed Calais Campbell (rated #1 3-4DE) this year to pair with Casey and give us some added pass rush on the line.

Picks 2 and 3 will be QB. San Francisco will have a new GM and coach so that means new QB first. The Bears will not have Cutler next year so they will draft QB. The Jags already have Defense but they will either go with Adams to complete their secondary or with Fournette to give them some kind of running game after watching how Zeke Elliot helped Dallas this year. We need to start looking at who may possibly be there at 12 and 18.

10. kenny

kenny Starter

With Marrone being named HC & Coughlin added to the Office Staff; I will not be at all surprised if the Jags take what they consider the best RB available. Marrone is going to run the ball far more often than Bradley did. Coughlin is smart enough to know that running the ball will help his struggling QB.

The Jags already have a very good defense. I look for Marrone to simplify things for Bortles & the entire offense. If they get a solid running game going this division will be much closer than it has been in the past few years.

Marrone made Mularkey & our team look plain bad the last time they faced off. I hope that inspires the team to put a beating on them both times we play them.

The Jags will come into another season with a bunch of hype around them. It seems the media is just dying for the Jags to win this division. Somehow they always mess it up.....I think it had a lot to do with a HC that did not believe in much discipline. I believe that will change with Marrone & Coughlin involved.

I still see TN as a better overall team; IF they come out prepared to play football.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar