Titans to pick #5 & #18

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Corey Davis may be the Jack Conklin of receivers in the eyes of JRob in the sense that he is willing to pick him really early because he's a perfect fit for our new culture. I'd have no problem with it although I really want a 2nd rounder.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

[/QUOTE]

I don't knock a player for something that is due to the nature of the position they play when evaluating them at that position. Allen is single blocked a lot because he's a 3-4 end or 3 technique in a 4-3. Due to their positioning relative to the OL and the other players in the defensive formation it requires you to put yourself at a major disadvantage on the line elsewhere to double team them.

Garrett has played well against good OTs, but he has also disappeared against several of them as well as those that weren't that good. He had 70 % of his sacks and a majority of his tackles for loss against non power 5 teams. He also will have a huge game then have 2 slightly above average games after that. I'm not saying he sucks just that he isn't as good as everyone else thinks IMO. I've said I tend to grade players pretty harshly and that's especially true for rush LBs since that is the position I know best having played it primarily.

I think Cook will have a solid to good career, and I agree about his OL. I do however think that he's a boom or bust type runner in the NFL. My opinion on Fornette against Bama is that when you base your entire offense on a single guy, especially a RB, you're going to have a terrible day against Bama because Saban will take that away. A mobile QB may negate that to a degree but LSU has had a terrible pass game. Fornette needs opponents to respect the pass at the next level, but every running back needs that.

On Foster, I'm saying he's better because he's much better against the pass while being even or only slightly behind against the run.[/QUOTE]

Allen is single blocked less than Garrett because no one else on Garrett's line is a real threat. Against the pass, Bama has TWilliams and RAnderson as major pass rushing threats so Allen gets single blocked much more often which allows him to beat them more often which boosts his stats. So how come Allen does destroy lesser opponents? You downgrade Garrett's sacks against lesser talent, but what about Allen NOT getting sacks against those lesser teams like Kent St. or Chatanooga? The one thing I would agree regarding Garrett being overhyped is that he did not look the same this year as last year. Maybe it's due to him playing hurt, but he looked like the #1 overall pick last year. He has looked that good this year.

I totally disagree on Cook. He's not a big and fast rb like Fournette but I think he's a much better rb. I like his vision and burst better and how he sets up blockers. I think both will need at least a decent OL but I think Cook can get away with a lesser line if he has a good passing threat ala the Colts because he's better at making people miss. Fournette relies more on running away or thru ppl and that is harder at the NFL level. Add in Fournette's injury issues and I personally like Cook a LOT more! And I don't get you saying he hasn't rushed well against good defenses. He has rushed for between 150-195yds against Clemson the last couple of years as well as Florida and Michigan. And for the most part is OL is overmatched in those games. I agree LSU has a bad passing attack but didn't FSU have a true freshman QB this year? I'll take Cook over Fournette. My opinion.

My only issue with Foster is his inconsistent instincts versus the run and most of the time that he lines up on the LOS to blitz, he doesn't sniff the QB unless they have a rb matched up or blow the assignment. For me he's a top 10-15 player though his ability to play the pass, get all over the field and instill a high energy and passion may get him drafted earlier. For those qualities, JRob may want him. But his run D doesn't say top 5 to me. He's not Luke Kuechly, but MAYBE he could get there. We'll see how athletic (and big) all these guys are at the combine.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Guys, this **** ain't hard.

#5. Dalvin Cook

#18. Adoree Jackson.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  4. kenny

kenny Starter

Gotta say I am enjoying the discussion here. I have missed A LOT of college ball this yr due to so much over time at work. You guys are really making some GREAT arguments for your respective guys. Getting a lot of great info in this thread! Thanks guys!!

THIS is why I am part of this forum. There are a lot of good football minds here. I mean that 100%. You can tell this is not a group of want to bes, but people who have actually played & coached.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  5. kenny

kenny Starter

I am going to be able to watch the CFB Championship tomorrow night. I am excited to see what Williams does in that game. He will be facing a tough task facing that BAMA defense. If he shows out against Bama I will be very interested in his combine numbers.

I haven't seen much myself, but have read a lot. I really am hoping for a good game. I really do not want to see a one sided game. I want to see a game that challenges both teams to play their best, so I can see what I can get out of the game myself.

6. kenny

kenny Starter

Davis does look good on tape that is for sure. I am curious though. In the highlights he looks wide open a lot. He will not get that wide open against NFL defenses. If he does he will really be a special guy......LOL.

He looks really fast on game tape. Especially those highlights. Haven't watch much else.

7. Carp

Carp Starter

Depends in how far the fall is, but I would just stay at 18 rather than to fall further than 8 or 9 spots just to pick up another pick in the 60-64 range.

Honestly, I'd be ok with trading up from 18 if the right player starts to fall (like say Foster or Williams)

8. ceeder

ceeder Starter

Williams vs Humphrey should be awesome on Monday night. I just watched extended tape on Humphrey and he is impressive as well, even in that loaded Bama defense. Right now, my top CB choice to be honest.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Marlon Humphrey= Bama Bust.

I hope he comes out and pushes Adoree Jackson down another draft slot.

10. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

#5 Jamal Adams
    #18 Corey Davis

Look for a slot receiver and ILB in the 3rd.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar