Titans to pick 3rd

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Big TT, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Me, too, Puck. Me, too.

No, top 10 is too high for LenDale, but he probably doesn't make it past Pittsburgh. I'd love to get him in round two, but that is unlikely. Philadelphia, New England, Arizona, either New York, Minnesota, Green Bay all need a new running back, too.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I offered less because we'd be moving less than in that trade, or ATL moving from #5 to #1 to get Vick. The further you trade down, the less likely you still get the player you want. That's why we're "perfect." At #3 Houston can't miss on the Brick.

3. jdee

jdee Guest

I really don't think running back is what we need at #3. I know Brown has been somewhat disappointing, but he is a quality NFL running back. We've got to go O-line or D-line or linebacker with the first pick. There isn't a quality QB to take as high as #3.

JDee

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

D'Brick - value - best LT in the draft
    M Williams - value - may be best DE, can play DT, too. Young Kevin Carter, hopefully better.
    D Williams - value - can replace CBrown and THenry. Can run and catch. Can move the pile, and elude defenders. Has wiggle and breakaway speed. "A danger to take it to the house every time he touches the ball." (I love that cliche.)
    AJ Hawk - value - terror at LB.

Some of you will see many of these as reaches, but outside of franchise QB (value regardless of where selected), these are going to be the top players remaining regardless of position, and we could use one of each of them. And jdee, Ronnie Brown and Cadillac weren't needs last year, but if one was there at #6, we would have selected that player. We may have RB covered on paper, but you never know. Just like if some of us don't like Young or Cutler, it doesn't mean the FO won't pull the trigger and take one of them at #3. We don't have to like them for us to take them. See: Pacman Jones. And it could still be the right pick after all. That's the exciting part, once you've gotten over the realization that another draft has gone by and yet again Floyd and Jeff didn't listen to you once.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'm sorry, but the Giants do not need a running back (imo)

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yeah you crazy dun? TIki Barber is an MVP candidate.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

yeah there is no way at this point that Bush would fall to us. I dont know that Houston will take him, and I dont think they should, but they are in a position to get a hell of a deal by trading down.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I agree, if brick is at 3 you take him unless we get a good trade for him. Hopkins is about done so if we can replace him with a potential Ogden or Jones like left tackle then we would be insane to pass that up. Unless we are given a really good deal with picks.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think he meant the jets

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

actually he said EITHER NY team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar