Titans to pick 3rd

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Big TT, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The only way to get two first round picks is to trade with a team that has two firsts, or trade players to a team willing to give a first rounder for them (such as Billy Volek, Travis Henry and Bo Schobel, for instance - that takes care of the Jets' issues, QB, future RB and DE).

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Houston desparately needs a guy like D'Brick
    let NO take Lienart - alot of people are starting to downgrade him anyway
    but I do not see a scenario where Reggie Bush falls to #3

if Houston doesn't want Bush, there's no doubt in my mind that they SHOULD trade out of the slot. but then again, Houston doesn't make great draft day trade decisions :winker:

If Reggie Bush falls to #3, I'll pass out

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

The only way Houston takes Bush at this point, IMO, is if they have a buyer in mind. They'll take The Brick first if they have any sense, and move down to get him.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

If Reggie Bush DOES fall to us at #3 and we DO NOT draft him, I'll be very pissed ...... and Floyd should be fired

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I don't know about fired; If we take anyone else at #3 and Bush is available, then yeah I'd have a problem. But if Bush was available, and we traded out for someone like Brick or for more picks, then I wouldn't have a problem.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

No way would they pass on that - oh they'd think about it good and hard, and if it was for a 1, 2 and 3 and a future pick, I'd say sure, go do it - but even our boys would wake up. They'd either take Bush or the Deal of the Century.

It's possible if Houston doesn't sell the position, and the Texans don't fire Casserly til after the draft, that Casserly screws them, or helps us, with a straight face and drafts D'Brickashaw ten seconds into their time on the clock.

It all amounts to the same, Houston stays or sells, Bush is likely gone at #1, then Leinhart at #2, and our choices unfold from there.

The good news is if all that happens and Houston trades down, we can probably trade our first with them and maybe get another pick so they can trade back up for Ferguson. (Say they get a 1, 2 and future 1 for Bush, we can probably trade ones and get the two. We'll get a one and two twos, they have our one, one of the twos and a future one, for example.)

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

unfortunately:sad2:

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Hey, you never know.

9. smili

smili Starter

NO is going to be looking for QB

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Brooks is through. You can find him and Joey Harrington at the "bust" station, getting one-way tickets out of town.

"And with the second pick of the 2006 NFL Draft, the New Orleans Saints select...Matt Leinhart, QB, USC."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar