Titans to make a run at Mario Williams?!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I agree with that

I knew he would get paid but those are the kind of deals that will ruin a team unless he goes off.

2. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Robert Meechem is a scrub so who cares, just like Garcon will probably turn out to be. Where the money goes is where the vag goes. It will be hilarious all the Titans fans pissed off about the pursuit of Manning when Williams signs with the Bills for some crippling amount of money.

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Yeah, after a night's sleep, I'm starting to come around on the manning thing. I'm hoping it happens now. It'll at least be fun to watch!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

2-3 more years..exactly. Locker still has some maturing and learning to do and who better to sit behind? The offense would be catered to Manning, so I don't know how that could be a problem. The same personnel? He'd have a great #1 WR in Britt, capable 2nd and 3rd options in Williams and Washington, and a big, athletic TE in Cook instead of Dallas Clark. Not to mention if we were to go out and get a guy like Manningham to round out the receiving corps. And oh yeah, one of the most explosive (can be debated after his down year last year) RBs in the league in CJ.

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

The only way I will support the Manning signing is if:

1. We see him workout
    2. The contract is 2 years

I want to see Locker play, he already sat for a year if Manning comes in for 3 year deal, that's 4 years Locker is sitting that's a little much for the 8th overall pick. Locker has a lot of upside but does need to improve on mechanics another year is realistic on the bench will probably take over for MH this season mid-way if Manning is not signed.

6. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Well that will be ok. I'm sure the Titans and their fan base will go on without your support. I'd say you would be back on board by the end of preseason anyway.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

What are you talking about, I'm not a bandwagon fan like a majority of poster's on here I give a realistic approach. Jake Locker and Matt Hasselback have good chemistry, and Locker has great potential. Why would we go out and get 36 year old QB who had 4 neck surgeries in a year and won't throw for a team he visits. When we have needs on the o-line, d-line, linebacker, corner, safety. I mean he only been to the superbowl once in 13 years and he is going to take the Titans in 3 years with a nerve that won't fuze and aging?

8-9 playoff record really sending this team over the top with all our needs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Just saw Mario is leaving Buffalo WITHOUT a contract, and is rumored to be meeting with at least one other team... Titans were listed as a potential team.

Its @ nfl.com

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Meachum signed with San Diego

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I agree with most of what you say, but Manning did go to the Super Bowl twice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar