Titans to Have $10 Million for Free Agency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

So, is he saying a decision has been made on Hopkins-Olsen or both? How else could we be $10-million under before McNair's contract is even done? I know you can't read his mind, I'm just thinking out loud here.

I've been thinking all along that if we release Hopkins and Olsen and work a more cap friendly deal for McNair in addition to a couple of other more minor moves, we could be looking at $15-20-million in cap room. If we are interpreting what Reese is saying correctly, this is very disappointing news.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm experiencing the same confusion.

"Any new deals for QB Steve McNair and DE Kyle Vanden Bosch would be a part of that budget."

So we reduce McNairs contract, leaving us $10 mil under, then sign those two, eating it right back up. That sounds bad.

During last year's offseason, when the cuts were starting, Reese said this year we should be around $8 mil under the cap.

Hopefully with signing Steve and hopefully KVB that won't be the end of our spenditures. Some of these cuts should take us several million under again. I can't imagine them stating the $10mil figure including cuts they haven't yet announced.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Exactly. Plus, redoing McNair's contract would only make sense if it was to reduce how much it costs against the cap so I think his comment in that area was probably just cautious since they haven't actually hammered out a deal yet. I'm sure his contract will give us more space.. not less.

4. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

glad I am not the only one confused.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

What did I tell you about that?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

any new deal for McNair makes it sound like he is a Free Agent, that is what is confusing.

7. Reese can't be entirely honest with us. He can't come out and say we're going to have $20M free if the only way to do it is to cut Olson, Hopkins, and Thompson.

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Ok, just stop it with all the releasing Lamont talk!>:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar