Titans to franchise Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Yeah,it can be ongoing although a player could hold out until a contract is accepted, which up to this point Albert has said he isn't going to do.
    I just hope we can sign him to a long term deal without any animosity developing if it takes a littel longer than expected.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Has anyone been to the Hall? I am going there in June this year.

3. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Haynesworth Will Get Franchise Tag

SUMMARY: As expected, Albert Haynesworth will be franchised before the February 21st deadline. But the Titans continue to work with Haynesworth's agent on a long-term contract. "We are working on a long-term deal for Albert," Haynesworth agent said. "I don’t anticipate that we will be able to get anything done prior to the designation deadline for franchise players. Mike confirmed to me that he will use the franchise tag on Albert but is committed to trying to get a deal done by July 15." The move will pay Haynesworth $7.25 million if an agreement is not reached by July 15. After that date, a new contract can't go into effect until after the final game of the regular season. "If they franchise me just to keep me here for one more year, I’d be disappointed with that," Haynesworth said. "I’d just have to prepare myself to be able to hit the market next year."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

4. I went maybe 15-20 years ago.

5. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I wouldn't put money on that.

6. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I'll bet you not. Big guys don't last that long and he has the face cleat working against him. He also has troubles with consistency.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Big guys last about as long as everyone else. Ted washington just played his last season at age 39 and sam adams at 34. Washington was fairly productive in 06 starting at NT for the browns at age 38.

If haynesworth can work hard and stay productive into his early 30s he has a chance at the hall. He can make pro bowls now and might make a couple even in mediocre years based on rep. He can make maybe 5 pro bowls before his career is over. I think he deserved to go in 05..

Speaking of ted washington i think he belongs in the hall. He has been the center piece of many damn good defenses and did make 4 pro bowls and has some rings. Washington made his last pro bowl at age 33. That was 2001 and i remember that year when he dominated the middle for the bears and helped protect urlacher and after he left that defense wasn't nearly as good...

8. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Tag him and then work out on a long term deal, just like they did to D. Freeney!! Well i freaking hope..

9. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Alge,Alge,Alge bring him on !!

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar