Titans to franchise Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

3. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

So if they get a long-term deal worked out, does the franchise tag just get lifted immediately?

4. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Agent: Haynesworth to be Titans' franchise player

The agent for Albert Haynesworth said the Tennessee Titans will designate the defensive tackle as the team's franchise player by Thursday's deadline. ...more

[​IMG]

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Yes, the franchise tag is basically just a 1 year contract.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

TitanJeff's predictions seem pretty good, but I don't know if Albert is saying the right stuff so far. Didn't he say that if the Titans franchise him and don't make immediate and serious efforts to get him locked up long term that he would refuse to sign with them after next season?

It doesn't worry me that much, but it's not the greatest thing to have him say.

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

No, he just said that if there wasn't any talk this year, then there would be no talk at all next year. He's okay with being franchised and then working out a long term deal.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Actually, besides a couple of comments from Albert saying he won't give the Titans a chance to sign him if they don't try to work something out during the franchise season, it's been calmer than I expected.

That may change at some point as Haynesworth keeps talking like he thinks he can be franchised only a season when I believe it can be ongoing.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Albert is going to the Hall of Fame.

10. Do current players get in free or do they need to buy a ticket like the rest of us?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar