Titans to consider multiple options at center

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bonky, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's one thing to slide from Tackle to Guard or Guard to Center, but to go from playing Right Tackle to Center is not normal. Most RT's play out there for a reason, and it's not cause they're amazing blockers.

You're suppose to block inside-out, and taking a guy who plays only a little, and moving him to where there's a bunch of action just doesn't seem to me like the best idea.

I will agree with you that he's probably better than most give him credit for, but he's not that good IMO to where he can make that big a move.

Remember, Amano went from Guard to Center and struggled mightily wit that transition. Not saying Otto sucks like that, but I'd rather not find out.

2. DC Titanfan

DC Titanfan Starter

Jeff Faine is still out there. Maybe he's asking for pro bowl money, but we should just overpay him for the upgrade it gives us. Could be the missing piece to our season.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Not sure Faine is an upgrade. I wasn't happy when we passed on the FA centers but at this point they must see Velasco or Matthews as potentially better options. I read Velasco isn't even taking many snaps at C so it looks like Matthews must be a guy they really think is going to be ready this year.

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

If Amano is the opening day starter someone should be fired

5. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Hey... Maybe amano actually improves... Maybe he stops those dt and de from getting through.... And maybe ill grow a third eye and the next poster grows boobs

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Nope, nothing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Are you massively overweight? Do you have moobs?

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

william vlachos starting center for the titans this season...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar