Titans throw-back unis

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fitantitans, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I've seen alot of teams wearing their throwback unis the last couple of weeks which brings up a question amoung my co-workers;
    Can the Titans use the Oilers unis as a throwback uniform?
    If, and I'm not sure they can, but IF they could, would they do it?
    Would the fans welcome it?
    My take on it is, I wouldn't be against it based on the fact that its part of the franchise history. Personally, I don't think we would be allowed to do it.

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I can see some texan fans getting POed, but I would see a problem with it.

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Dont like the sound of it... We are the titans... not the stinking oilers!

4. DaCrackDeala

DaCrackDeala Guest

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think the Titans are in an awkward position, but it is time to let that go. We have plenty of cool throwbacks and Vince will make them popular. We have more Texas fans than ever before. Now is the time to mend that bridge and get it behind us. It will certainly stir up some emotions, but not enough of them. We need get on with it.

6. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

I would love for the Titans to wear the Oilers uniform again as their throwback.

Would it piss off Texans fans? Of course it would, but thats the way it goes.

The Oilers history belongs to Tennessee and will forever.

Now the Ravens could never wear the Browns colors again or the Colts unis again. Their situation is different.

Will the Titans ever wear the Oilers uniforms again? Doubtful.

Later

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't see why the Titans wouldn't be allowed to wear the Oilers uniforms. Don't the Titans retain the rights to those?

I prefer for them not to. I already like the current uni's and the alternate's we've been wearing better than the old Oiler uni's.

8. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

The white tops/light-blue pants are good enough for me.

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Agreed. That combo looks like a modernized Oilers uni.

10. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

One of my co-workers just came up with something we have all forgot, the Tennessee Oilers. There's your throwback uni. I would like to see that worn again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar