Titans @ Texans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's hard to imagine just how dominating the Titans were in the game up to the last few minutes of the third quarter.

I was mentioning to the wife about midway through the third quarter that we were watching the most dominating defensive performance I could remember. I should never say that kind of stuff aloud because it always comes back to bite me.

Here's the numbers up to the Texans first offensive scoring drive which began with only 2:52 left in the third quarter.

Two first downs
    21 yards rushing
    10 yards passing
    31 total yards of offense
    1-for-7 on third down
    Four turnovers
    QB knocked out of the game

2. ccnb

ccnb longsnapper

Bironas had a great game as you all may know, but you also have to give credit to the longsnapper amato and holder hentrich.

3. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

We just have to learn from Belichick. He does not let his team relax. I think in general we had a very good game. Fisher was trying to play mistake-free football, that's why offensively he seems a little conservative at times. At the end making field goals instead of interceptions gave us the opportunity to win inspite of the fourth quarter. Actually, if it had't been for the fumble returned for a touchdown this would have never been so close. The other plus is that I don't think the defense will take a score for granted again. Besides this is what makes this game so great.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

After this we both offensively and defensively tried to "play it safe", Houston is resilient, Ill give them that, so we really cannot just play against time rather than the team, we stopped blitzing, stopped what we were doing offensively, just tried to prevent the big mistake, which you really cant do

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Both went conservative but the players also letdown, IMO. Hopefully, Fisher won't have any problems keep the intensity up for 60 minutes the rest of the season.

6. Titans80

Titans80 Do ya thang!

Why I thought Scaife looked good! The fumble was a valent effort for more yardage...but stripped! Hey Xhit happens...! If;) you don't start nothin then there won't be nothin!;)

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Anybody else impressed that Fisher/Chow left KFC in to lead the final drive after sputtering the preceeding two series with 3 and outs? I thought it was a gutsy call not to put VY in during that time. Obviosusly it paid off because we got the W and VY didn't strain his leg further.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Not really, because they knew the previous 2 series sputtered because of their conservative play calling, and if they let KFC throw deep they could move down the field and score.
    I honestly don't know why they pull the offense into a shell with the lead, when they see that the O is capable of moving if they let them.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, I didn't judge them on that, because the Texans were looking like dead dogs. However, I was disappointed that after they scored twice, we didn't pick it back up a little until the last drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar