Titans @ Texans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

If he doesn't, Fish will find him one. :))

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

And that's the problem: we NEVER LEARN from these kinds of wins! Do you think Vince Lombardi would say "as long as there's a W, it's okay, and it doesn't matter if we almost got completely tarred and feathered for the final 8:40!"

NO NO NO! I will NOT be satisfied to say that we got by! Do you think that will be acceptable in playoff games? Do you think that we will be playing against teams like the Texans' second string offense in the playoffs?

3. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

When you win but feel like it was a loss changes must be made.

4. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

Fisher ball works better with a consistent running game and a solid D. Therefore I would imagine that alot of those wins were back when we had Eddie George and better defensive team.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I certainly wouldn't say that I'm satisfied with the game today, or that we don't need to change some things. But I'm glad that even though I think we need to improve, we still got another W. As I said, I hope Fisher went nuts in the locker room.

#90 Camp Fodder

No, if he was he'd cut salaries by 20% and say that he could run the team with 8 players and be just as efficient.

7. GoTitans3801

Hey, keep the politics out, this is a clean forum...

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

From what I could tell, the defensive scheme looked to be the same during the comeback. What I saw was a lack of intensity by the players. The front four wasn't getting to the QB.

FWIW, I think the defensive blunders are correctable. We know what they can do. What concerns me is the inability to score TDs. That has been a problem all season long and will cost the Titans some games if it doesn't improve.

9. GoTitans3801

I was hoping to see some scoring by Collins. He was effective at getting some longer passes out there, I was hoping he could get one in the end zone, but whenever we got within 20 yards, we shut it down and took the three. I understand minimizing turnovers, but sheesh, we've got to take our shots sometime...

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Jeff I know I saw some players on the d-line playing intense there at the end. Maybe I'll see different when I rewatch the game, but it looked to me like the Texans o-line was doing a good job.

Thought there was a blatant tackle of KVB near the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar