Titans @ Texans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah the announcers were bragging that we were the 6th ranked defense in the league .... and seemingly ever since we were giving up points like a cheap hooker with rent due

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Did I watch a different game than everybody else?? All I saw was Harper being burned repeatedly, and Hope getting burned on that long TD to where Lowry tried to go for the interception. I thought Lowry played a good game, of course all our DB's were made to look like fools by Schwartz scheme, but that's another story.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

4. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

Yeah I agree and personally thought it was a clean play...They just called it because it was Haynesworth. The guy only got hurt because he was mashed by a bunch of lard.

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I guess I have that last TD in my head... All our DBs look bad except for Hope cuz they never go his way :moon2:

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Is it too much to ask for a respectable win ?

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

If they had seen the play, they woulda noticed 92 was coming full force. He's not a ballerina, he's not gonna spin at the last nano second to escape the sack...

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Seriously, when I saw that that, I thought God Himself had reached down and placed that ball in the reciever's hands. The Texans' air game showed NOTHING to fear! That play was either a miracle, or a really freak accident!

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm going to speak for the positive, since plenty of people have highlighted the negative, and I think some positives need to be said.

A division win is a division win.

An away division win is even better.

Rob Bironas is great, 8/8, good lord!

Despite expectations to the opposite, Chris Henry looked pretty darn good, and once White got on a roll he looked better. I'd say we should start Brown or Henry, and bring in White once defenses slow down a little.

Kerry Collins won a game for us. No, he didn't throw a TD, but he did complete roughly 60% of his passes, and that was when we asked him to throw it 42 times. Also, he came through in the clutch. We would have had time to spare if gage had hauled in that other pass.

6 games in, and still no one can run on us. The passing game is another issue, but at least we have something consistent.

Griffen looked like a terror on special teams. He had at least three great special teams tackles. I'm hoping we use him to replace harper.

Hey, reynaldo hill is still on the team... I bet Gunny enjoyed his fumble recovery.

Clearly, we had a meltdown, and the defense needs to play the whole game. But through three quarters, that game was a smackdown, and a serious one. This defense is close to being great. True, that was a MAJOR meltdown, but I don't think it will take much to finish out a game like that in the future.

4-2... wouldn't anyone have taken that at this point before the season started? As long as we finish out above .500, we make the playoffs.

GO TITANS! Looks like we get Vince back next week.

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Is Jeff Fisher a Republican?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar