Titans @ Texans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

At the conclusion of the game, please place any discussion of the game, player performance, etc. in this thread.

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

wow... glad we won, but that was the worst display of coaching on both sides of the ball I've seen in a long, long time. Terrible.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

How in the crap does the defense give up 29 4th quarter points. Pathetic. I am glad we won, but that was the crappiest 4th Q by a defense I have ever seen.

And we better find some way to get in the endzone. We were pathetic on offense today, at least from a scoring perspective.

4. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

i hope sage rosenfels breaks his leg

5. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Im in cardiac arrest

6. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

It would have helped if the offense ever tried to get into the endzone....Typical Fisher BS....playing not to lose...He tried to run the clock out starting in the 2nd quarter....and played for the field goal almost every time in the red zone...and oh yeah....bench LW and let Chris Henry start next game....I know LW got 100 yards....but wasn't it on like 50 carries ?

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Bironas put up 28 points in my fantasy league. My team, the Doormats owns him.

8. teegee

teegee Guest

The defense just seemed like it quit playing in the 4th quarter...whether that's on the scheme, the players or a bit of both, don't know

Collins played well, but the play calling got too conservative in the RZ, with Fisher seeming to willing to settle for FGs rather than going for the TDs. They should've been able to get at least another TD or two.

Great throws by Collins on that last drive, and of course...thank GOD for Bironas...

9. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Bironas Sets NFL Record as Titans Defeat Texans 38-36

SUMMARY: Despite giving up 29 fourth quarter points to the Texans, K Rob Bironas kicked a record eighth FG with only :02 left to give the Titans a 38-36 win. The Titans totally dominated the first three quarters of the contest allowing only 24 net yards to the Texans offense in the first half. Just when it looked the Titans had the game wrapped up with a 32-7 lead heading into the fourth quarter, the Texans began a comeback which led to them taking a 36-35 lead with only 1:06 left in the game. Titans QB Kerry Collins drive his team down the field with a big 46-yard completion to Roydell Williams on a 3rd-and-10 from their own 37. Bironas then kicked his record-setting FG from the Houston 11-yard line for the win.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Lets hear it for the Schwartz Scheme...:p

The worst thing that can happen to the Titans D is having a lead in the 4th quarter. Fisher's offensive goes into a conservative shell, and Schwartz's defense lays open like Paris Hilton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar