Titans @ Texans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidc502

davidc502 Starter

Anyone even wondering how many games Jake is going to miss?

2. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

HOUSTON It was a mixed afternoon for Titans rookie wide receiver Kendall Wright, a Pittsburg, Texas, native and former Baylor star. He returned to his home state for the first time as an NFL player.

Wright made four catches for 46 yards and scored the second touchdown of his career. But when the game was still in doubt, Wright failed to hold on to three catchable passes.

His first drop came on Tennessee’s first drive and led to a punt. The second came on a third-and-16, which would have been negated anyway because of a Titans penalty. He also failed to come up with a short pass early in the third quarter, and the Titans punted two plays later.

“I’ve got no excuse for that first one,” Wright said. “The second wouldn’t have counted, but I still don’t have an excuse for it. I should have made the catches … It felt good to be home, but I’ve got to make plays when I can.”

Source: Titans Insider

3. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

HOUSTON Tommie Campbell was a special-teams hero against the Lions when he hauled in Darius Reynaud’s lateral and cruised 65 yards for a punt-return touchdown. But Campbell ran into problems against the Texans, twice flagged for penalties on special teams.

An illegal block above the waist negated a 10-yard Reynaud return in the first quarter and forced the Titans to begin on their own 9.

“I didn’t feel like it was a penalty,” Campbell said. “The dude dove on the ground and I jumped over him. He even told me he dove on the ground next time I seen him.”

Campbell was again flagged for an illegal block on the next return. He knocked Alan Ball into Reynaud, causing a fumble that Campbell recovered.

Campbell has at least three special-teams penalties this season.

“I ain’t getting no more penalties at all,” he said. “I had two big ones (against the Texans) that could have been a big difference in the game. I take full responsibility for that.”

Source: Titans Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar