Titans Talking With Redskins About Haynesworth Trade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Come on back home, Fat Albert!

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Those numbers aren't accurate (and if they were, it would not be good for the Titans -- 11 million per year is WAY too much for Hayneworth). There is a lot of "phony money" in his deal that will never be payed.

The actual numbers are $16.2 million over the next 3 seasons. Very reasonable.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The Washington Post lied to me! :rant:

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I would love for a deal to get done by the end of the day.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

The Redskins are in serious need at WR. Considering a 38 year old Joey Galloway is penciled to start with Santana Moss. With Furrey and Wade as backups they are hurting. We'll see, but a 3 way deal with San Diego for Vincent Jackson makes some sense.

6. AH3

AH3 Rookie

We would have the 2nd best D-line (behind the Vikes) in the league if Al comes back. Al, Tony Brown, and Jones rotating on the inside with Morgan, Ford, and Hayes rotating on the ends. Even though Al won't play as hard as he did in '08, and he's a little older, he is still a very good DT who trusts our system and (hopefully) has realized that he got his payday, so the only thing missing from his career is a championship.

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

This isn't the NBA, so therefore it's rare to see a player for player trade or a 3 way trade.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm indifferent on this. I wouldn't mind the skill set but man the guy has really shown his true colors in Washington. I knew he wouldn't be worth the money they signed him too but I didn't think it would be this big of a disaster.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Why can't Haynesworth play the game like the other 99.99% of the players... I know I play hard because I like to win. I know Tully and C.J. go hard to win. They put winning first, money second. Come on Al, play for the love of the game.

I've always thought he only played DT because he can, and not because he wants to. If that's the case as I believe it is, I don't want him back. I know Jason Jones is trying to make a name for himself, as are the other 99.99% of the leagues players.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't really know how I feel about this. On one side we make the trade and give up whatever picks and he plays great for us and we go deep into the playoffs. The other side is we waste picks on him and he plays like crap and now we're stuck with his contract. I have said that Haynesworth only plays great on pay day, he has never played well when already under contract. So would we see the Haynesworth who dominated the OL or the one who steps on people and doesn't care about playing just the money?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar