Titans Talking With Redskins About Haynesworth Trade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

It would appear that the Titans have the upper hand in this deal. The Titans will do OK without Fat Al. The Reds have to get rid of him. I don't think the Reds should be making any options for him as they should be listening to them.
    "We've got this pain in the arse that we need to shed, this is what we want.........." I don't think so! More like, "Would you guys be willing to give up a 3rd rounder?" Now we can talk.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

There is absolutely zero chance that Britt gets traded for Hayneworth. You don't trade away 1st-round picks (who have shown tons of promise) just because they are a little bit behind where you want them to be in only their 2nd season. That rumor came from idiotic Redskins fans who over-value their own players. Hayneworth is not worth even half of what Britt is worth to the Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i dont think any of us would want to do that. it would be stupid. Britt gonna be a top 5 WR some day if he can mature.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

H3!! to the MF NO!!! I wouldn't even think about that. I want AH back but sending them Britt would be the dumbest move we could ever make.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I didn't realize Fred Davis was that Fred Davis. I foolishly assumed it was the older one. But that one you're speaking of has legal issues. The hype over Cook is gone. He has value, thus can be moved. I'm just throwing things out there.

6. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

The only way this happens is if the Titans get AH for a late round pick and then who gets released to make room. My guess would be either J Haye, Babin, or Ball. We dont have a stockpile of players for depth.

7. jessestylex

Titans dont need Albert, we wont give up much to have him. If the skins really want to dump him they gonna have to take a loss or keep him. we are fine now with Jason Jones.

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

IMO i think dave ball goes because Babin is a high motor guy who fits perfectly here. Especially haynesworth.

9. jessestylex

i like Ball though. and he might not want to move to Washington.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The only way this trade makes any sense is if the Titans can "steal" Haynesworth for a mid-to-late draft pick. Any talk of trading Britt, Cook or high draft picks is totally pointless because it won't happen.

Also, we might be getting a bit ahead of ourselves if we're going to start talking about who will get cut. It would be pretty easy for the Titans to cut a 3rd-string D-lineman in order to make room for Haynesworth. Ball, Babin... whoever. Wouldn't matter that much either way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar