Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans Talking With Redskins About Haynesworth Trade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. fitantitans This space For Rent

Klug
    Moolah:
    $262
    It would appear that the Titans have the upper hand in this deal. The Titans will do OK without Fat Al. The Reds have to get rid of him. I don't think the Reds should be making any options for him as they should be listening to them.
    "We've got this pain in the arse that we need to shed, this is what we want.........." I don't think so! More like, "Would you guys be willing to give up a 3rd rounder?" Now we can talk.
  2. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,647
    There is absolutely zero chance that Britt gets traded for Hayneworth. You don't trade away 1st-round picks (who have shown tons of promise) just because they are a little bit behind where you want them to be in only their 2nd season. That rumor came from idiotic Redskins fans who over-value their own players. Hayneworth is not worth even half of what Britt is worth to the Titans.
    1 people high five this.
  3. jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Moolah:
    $77

i dont think any of us would want to do that. it would be stupid. Britt gonna be a top 5 WR some day if he can mature.
  4. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,165
    H3!! to the MF NO!!! I wouldn't even think about that. I want AH back but sending them Britt would be the dumbest move we could ever make.
  5. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,410
    I didn't realize Fred Davis was that Fred Davis. I foolishly assumed it was the older one. But that one you're speaking of has legal issues. The hype over Cook is gone. He has value, thus can be moved. I'm just throwing things out there.
  6. JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $113
    The only way this happens is if the Titans get AH for a late round pick and then who gets released to make room. My guess would be either J Haye, Babin, or Ball. We dont have a stockpile of players for depth.
  7. jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Moolah:
    $77
    Titans dont need Albert, we wont give up much to have him. If the skins really want to dump him they gonna have to take a loss or keep him. we are fine now with Jason Jones.
  8. TitansJonne OG triple OG

Wright
    Moolah:
    $17
    IMO i think dave ball goes because Babin is a high motor guy who fits perfectly here. Especially haynesworth.
  9. jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Moolah:
    $77
    i like Ball though. and he might not want to move to Washington.
  10. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,647
    The only way this trade makes any sense is if the Titans can "steal" Haynesworth for a mid-to-late draft pick. Any talk of trading Britt, Cook or high draft picks is totally pointless because it won't happen.

Also, we might be getting a bit ahead of ourselves if we're going to start talking about who will get cut. It would be pretty easy for the Titans to cut a 3rd-string D-lineman in order to make room for Haynesworth. Ball, Babin... whoever. Wouldn't matter that much either way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.