Titans Talking With Redskins About Haynesworth Trade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I fully expect that Albert will go back to being a fairly lazy player who is only on the field half the time.

That said, the system the Titans run on defense can accommodate that. Albert can go into the DT rotation alongside Tony Brown and Jason Jones. He won't need to be on the field all the time. As long as he is making the most of the limited snaps he will get, he will be a good addition for the team.

It helps that he will be fairly cheap. As I said before, the Redskins have already paid him the bulk of his contract. The Titans won't be on the hook for all that much money. They could even cut Albert if things don't work out.

It really seems like a win-win situation to me (as long as the Titans don't give up too much in a trade).

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TorontoTitanFan

Uhh... no. A million times, no.

This trade only makes sense if you can get Haynesworth for a late-round draft pick. You absolutely do not want to start offering them your young assets.

Also, the Redskins have solid depth at TE. Fred Davis is a rising star.

But again, no.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Skins want VJax.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Trade Kerry Collins and Justin Gage for Big Al :)

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

ESPN this morning made a big point to say that the Reds were dealing with the Titans to take Big Al. They mentioned 2 draft picks but nothing certain. They also said that the Reds probably would not activate him for the Cowboys game.
    I can only remember too well the smack-down the Skins fans gave us when they STOLE Haynesworth from us. Who's doing the smackin now!
    I'm all for taking him back even if he just rotates in and out. He made KVB look like Superman. Just think what it'll make Tony and Jason look like.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

7. TorontoTitanFan

The latest rumor is that the Redskins want draft picks that they can turn around and trade to the Chargers for Vincent Jackson.

Seeing as the Chargers want a 2nd and a 3rd, I don't know if this deal will happen. There's no way the Titans will give up that much for Haynesworth.

8. TorontoTitanFan

I just hit up a Redskins forum to see what their fans think about all of this. I recommend it. It's good for a laugh.

They seem to think that they are getting Kenny Britt and a 2nd round pick for Fat Albert. Riiiiiight.

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

While Shanny may have 2 rings, he isn't the most likeable guy. Go ask the Raiders (who had already won superbowls at that time) what they though of Shanny. Alot of players were quoted as saying: "He just took the fun out of it."

I think the reason Elway and Shanny worked out so well is because they were both grade A a-holes. Many players, even those on his own team, said Elway was not a very liked guy.

While being likable and being fun doesn't always translate into Ws and Ls... Chemistry does.

10. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

would you guys really want to give up Brit to get him back? I know Brit has struggled but he is young and has a ton of upside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar