Titans talent level...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

If I had one complaint, his coverage skills could be a bit better. But he's a ball hawk, good in run support, ferocious tackler, and he's decent in coverage.

Seeing how Palamalu has struggled this year, makes me appreciate him even more. Hell, I've even seen a few plays out of LT this year. (Redskins game IIRC)

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he needs to work on his blitz's. he doesnt have a sack in his career, and he has turned into our primary blitzer(from what i can see)

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

QB - VY - above avg
    RB - Henry - top 10
    FB - Hall - potentially top 5 not many good FB in the nfl anymore
    WR - Bennett OK as a #2 WR
    WR - Jones average
    TE - Scaife above average VY's pressure valve,he's been missed
    LT - Roos - above avg
    LG - Bell- average
    OC - Mawae - Top 5
    RG - Olson below average
    RT - Stewart -potentially very good

RDE - LaBoy- tweener, above average in rotation/below average above 50% of snaps
    DT - Haynesworth-average
    DT - Smith - above average
    DT - Starks - below average
    LDE - KVB - above avg
    ROLB - Bulluck - Top 5
    MLB - Sirmon - bottom 5
    MLB - Tullock - average
    LOLB - Thornton - top 12
    CB - Pacman - Top 5
    CB - Hill - below average
    NB - Finnegan-above average
    FS - LT - bottom 3
    SS - Hope - top 8

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

QB - VY - the franchise and big time playmaker
    RB - Henry - playmaker. Almost a perfect fit for this team. I really hope the team can get Henry back for 2007.
    RB - White - I'd be lying if I said I was impressed with what I've seen from LenDale in limited action in 06, but I do love his running style. I'm hoping for the best, but if Henry's gone the Titans better sign/acquire a big time RB to replace him
    FB - Hall - solid player with potential
    WR - Bennett - ex-Titan
    WR - Givens - below average, until he actually does something he gets zero props from me
    WR- B. Jones - solid player with playmaker potential
    TE - Scaife/Troupe/Kinney - I'd be happy if these three were on the roster next season... but geez Ben the clock is ticking
    LT - Roos - future stud
    LG - Bell - solid
    OC - Mawae - ye olde stud, playing his *** off this year (did you see him motoring downfield on VY's TD run this past Sunday). Potential for injury scares me. If we're comfortable with the idea of Amano starting cool, otherwise I think an upgrade in depth is needed
    RG - Olson - average at best
    RT - Stewart - solid with potential

RDE - LaBoy/Odom - Average, maybe a tad below. Odom's injury this year sucks, it's hard to gauge what the Titans have in these two going forward.
    DT - Haynesworth - Perhaps a bit overrated, but still wreaks havoc when on his game
    DT - Smith/Starks/Long - Solid guys, would be happy with these 4 DT's heading into 07
    LDE - KVB - Above average, great motor
    ROLB - Bulluck - Great at what he does. Playmaker
    MLB- Sirmon - ex-Titan
    MLB - Tulloch - Showed some potential, but needs a solid veteren FA to come in to provide competition. The Titans need a playmaking run stuffer at MLB.
    LOLB - Thornton - Above average, rock solid player.
    CB - Pacman Big time playmaker. By this time next year he'll be regarded as the NFL's second best CB (Champ Bailey).
    CB - Hill - I think Reynaldo has really picked up his game over the second half of the season. If we can sign Nate Clements (or some other big time corner), great, otherwise I'd have no problem going forward with "The Chosen One".
    NB - Finnegan - Great start, shows potential.
    FS - LT - ex-Titan
    SS - Hope - Playmaker

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

The "world" is not a few people on this board that don't pay attention. Tell you what, watch him this weekend when Maroney runs over, by or through him, or he can't get off a block to even tackle him, then get back to me.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Someone should tell him he isn't the world either.

He should also name a LB who can't be blocked.

7. Fry

let's see how many drops drew has this week. or let's see if he even catches a ball. that would be an improvement over the last two weeks.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Easy, that would be me :ha:

Bulluck must have run over TNThunder's dog or something, I dunno.

TNThunder, write an email to every single NFL commentator you can think of, asking what their assessment of Bulluck is, and then come back with their answers. I bet it's going to be >90% in agreement with the majority in here.

9. Fry

no, he ran over drew bennett's dog.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I thought TNThunder was Drew Bennet... :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar