Titans Taking Advantage of Bye Week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans are focusing on the opportunities gained with a bye week before their AFC Divisional Game on Jan 10. "You’ve got to realize what you’ve got at stake. You’ve got guys that have played in the league 13 or 14 years and never had a legitimate chance at winning a championship," Chris Hope said. "Any chance you get to make it to the playoffs and set yourself up with a bye week and home-field advantage, you’ve got to take advantage of it." Kerry Collins says the goal is to use the time to improve and that the veterans will help keep the team focused. "I think it gives you an opportunity to work on things that you want to work on going forward and getting better at the things we’ve been doing," Collins said. "The one time I had home-field advantage, we came out and played a very good football game. I think that’s where the veteran leadership comes in and stresses the importance of what this week is about."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar