Titans Take Down Texans 28-22

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Texans got a glimpse of what they passed over in the 2006 draft as Titans rookie QB Vince Young both ran and passed for a touchdown and Houston fell to Tennessee 28-22. The victory marks consecutive wins for the Titans for first time since the end of the 2003 season. In the process, the Titans harassed Texans QB David Carr into his worst performances this season, sacking him four times and forcing him into three of Houston's five turnovers. Houston coach Gary Kubiak pulled Carr midway through the third quarter and replaced him with Sage Rosenfels. Highlights of the game for the Titans include interceptions by Pacman Jones and Chris Hope and two sacks by Kyle Vanden Bosch including a forced fumble. Jones also ran back a punt return for 53 yards for the Titans final score.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:bs:

3. Bizz21

Bizz21 Guest

We are on our way!! If we would have started Young from game one, we would be 4-3. Damn...

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

that is very much unlikely.

5. C'mon Titans, even though it was the Texans, we're on a winning streak!...

6. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I liked the big plays on D; however, the D was very pourous in general.

The O did what it needed to win; however, it was fairly lifeless most of the game.

The special teams were finally special again.

I will still take the W.

7. A wins a win, 2-5, there's hope yet for a good season (good for us)...

8. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

mario williams' sack, i dont count it as a sack VY was just running ahead, it wasnt like he was set up in the pocket and got taken down by him...lucky for that matter, i bet houston is re-thinking why they didnt draft a QB i.e. VY

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

11 - 5 and playoffs. :brow:

10. Sage Rosenfels looked alright...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar