Titans still plan to trade or release Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

It started when he was drafted? We won 9 total games in 2 seasons before we drafted him and won 18 the next two. Our meltdown started and happened after the bye last season.

He's actually been closer to 400. For the last 3 seasons, we've ranked 30th, 28th, and 27th in pass attempts. It's pretty simple math, if we throw more, our qb's would have more passing yards.

He wasn't popular because he wasn't winning. All coaches get this same treatment.

What are you saying, if we drafted Cutler/Leinart or if VY didn't throw a fit?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 24

24 Starter

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but this is my take on the situation.

Since that time, it became evident that consensus was increasingly hard to find and reality wasn’t matching the vision we discussed.

That is the statement by the Titans. Fisher knew he was entering his last year as the Titans head coach. He probably wanted to sign some veteran QB, or stick with Collins, and win this season. That way, he looks good entering the coaching pool next year. My guess is that the front office wanted to draft someone for the future, and Fisher was not willing to put his reputation in the hands of some rookie. If anything, this may give us an indication of where we are headed in draft.

3. The Dude

The Dude Camp Fodder

fisher knew he was leaving but wanted to force VY out first. otherwise it would look like he lost the power struggle.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

It's possible that we may keep Young, but I think any coach we bring in or promote will want that first round pick for their guy. Anyway you spin it, it makes sense to draft a QB at this point. If we keep Young or sign a FA, who's going to be his backup? Rusty Smith? Even if we keep Young, he would have to play amazing to work his way back into the "future" picture. I still think Young has it and could if given the opportunity, but time will tell. Either way, I think this is a great day in Titans history. I was willing to support another year of fisherball, but it was really flippin' bumming me out.

5. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Jeff has and will always love the field goal/punt and that has been that way long before Mr. young. You do realize how hard it is to convert 3rd and longs in the NFL right? Considering how many times cj was ran up the middle for no gain or loss, its quite amazing how many points were being put up.....and for the love of god, quit with the accuracy thing. 3rd and longs and of course your completion percentage will suffer due to to having to force the ball just to keep the chains moving. Congratulations with the dump-off premise. Vince's flaw is the short game, not bad as of now, but no he has not "made a career" of those type of throws. Do me a favor and go back look at all his throws and the down and yards to go this season. Hell, even better, go back and look at all the play-by-plays. Maybe you will notice a run-run-pass thing going on. I'm fine with it as long as long as the runningback is consistently getting 3 or 4 yards, not 1, 0, and negatives.

6. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

LOL....ouch

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

No way Vince comes back. Contract too high anyway.

Please people- get on board with concept that the franchise is blown up and let the FRESH re-building begin. Dump the man-love, especially for Vince.

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Fresh may be a matter of perspective if they elevate Munchak to head coach. I don't think that is the way to go, CBA mess or not, because I think we need a new system on both sides of the ball....at least tweaks to the current systems given they have not been systems our players can maintain for a season.

I mean...how we can go 0-6 to start a year and roar back...then go 5-2 this year and fall of the table baffles me.

I want a new HC and staff...if we are going to blow it up then lets do it right.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

totally agree. Only way I could sit through the product next year is to have the comfort that we have ALREADY begun the rebuilding process.

10. 4realz

4realz Camp Fodder

Marcellus Wiley of ESPN is on the Mike and Mike show this morning and was asked about VY calling himself an elite QB. Marcellus Riley who has spent of time with VY lately said that he got some calls after VY's statements. He said although many of his callers disagreed, if you actually look at what he's accomplished VY has an excellent point. He mentioned his QB rating being better, that Peyton, Brees, and Big Ben this year. Mentioned his winning % as a QB. Mentioned how VY has always been a winner on the field but his downfall is he didn't understand the politics off the field. He dared Mike and Mike to name any WR's VY has had at Tenn outside of this recent team? He made his final point in that he has never seen a coach that didn't support his QB like Fisher. He said VY accomplished all of this with a coach that did not support him. One of the Mikes said that it appeared that the coach almost enjoyed seeing his QB's demise.

VY will not be back and I think he's starting for the Vikings and in the playoffs next year. We are not going to be in the playoffs next year due to the mess that Fisher has made. But we will be back eventually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar