Titans still plan to trade or release Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Get over it.

2. Tennessee

Tennessee @titan_up

VY was a better QB than Collins. Not too many people will doubt that, but it was on mobility alone. When both of these players careers are stacked up against each other, it will be a riot.

Lienart or Cutler may not have been the greatest QB's, but they would of assuredly been better than Vince. We got a lead and sat on it, because it was our best chance.

VY was injured, fumbling, or throwing in a frantic on nearly every play... That is unless it was a dump off. Which is what he built a career on and multitude of followers.

3. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Christ, this makes it almost pointless to watch the titans in 2011. I thought the whole point of releasing Young was so we could keep a handle on the coaching staff, whether we liked or disliked them.
    Now we lost both.

Now i imagine this team will look like '08 Detroit Lions.

4. Tennessee

Tennessee @titan_up

Really? Calling out Cutler? His injury, we learned, was legit. Maybe some QB's could play through it... He didn't.

But VY DID fake an injury because fans were booing him. Oh, and Jeff defended him. Lied to the media to cover.

5. Srenbrenkov

Srenbrenkov Camp Fodder

So Cutler sits with an injury others have played through, but when VY sits with an injury, you assume with no evidence that he was faking and that the organization covered it up? Very rational. I hear VY also shot Kennedy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Why not just keep Young? What's the worst thing that could happen? We lose every game and get Luck?

If Bud doesn't dictate that he starts, then there shouldn't be a problem for incoming coaches.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

VY had a MUCH higher QB rating than Collins- and that's not based on "mobility".

I can only hope you're joking about most this post. Lienart?? Really??... Isn't he working at a gas station now?

[​IMG]

8. AH3

AH3 Rookie

At 88 years old, I'd think Bud Adams is wanting to win now. I didn't think Fisher or VY was the best option at their respective positions, but you can't scrap both your head coach and your starting QB and expect to make a legitimate playoff run in 1-2 years.

Long term, it probably is a better idea to get rid of both and start new. But it will take time to rebuild after losing those 2.

What I think we should do: keep VY for one more year and see how he does under a new coaching staff. He really hasn't done that bad- I've been most annoyed with his constant injuries. But at least he has some familiarity with the WRs and the rest of the offense. It would certainly make the coaching transition easier.

9. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

to this news i say good

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Hire Lane Kiffin as coach and draft all USC guys. It's the only way we can win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar