Titans still plan to trade or release Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

1-27-11 should be a Holiday. :)

2. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

lets Call it, The Jeff Young Remembrance day of all hell braking loose and sucking day.

3. Illegal Hit

Illegal Hit Starter

I'm pretty sure CJ and Britt would like to see Young back with the titans

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I got a feeling Vince is going to stay.

I'm all for giving him one and only one more chance.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

If we get Gruden or Holmgren then I could see them wanting to keep Vince. They know he is the best QB available. They could do wonders with Vince, CJ, Cook and Britt.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I feel the reports that Vince will be released are accurate.

New HC, new offensive scheme, big contract on a QB that has a reputation of being a slow study with maturity issues- just don't see it.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm not a huge VY fan. I think he has what it takes to physically be a good QB, just not mentally. With that being said; I think we should give him one more chance. He's got a year left on his contract, let him finish it. Sure we could look for a QB in the draft, but their isn't any elite QBs worth us taking (IMO). If VY fails, that means a better shot at Luck next year. If VY amazes, that would be amazing.

8. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Surely its gonna be the new head coach's call.

He is still contracted to the team and there appears to be no better options in free agency and the draft has a bunch of projects.

Also depending on the new HC preference on the defensive schemes, If he is gonna switch to a 3-4 defense, he will need the drafts picks for rebuilding the defense.

9. Tennessee

Tennessee @titan_up

This was a bad move. Fisher deserved two more years instead of being fired because of adams' fixation on Vince. The meltdown of our organization happened when that guy was drafted.

People say that Vince saved Jeff's job over the years but that is bogus. Chris Johnson saved Vince's. And cj is the only reason vy will get another decent contract somewhere else.

Vince has thrown for over 250 yards in a game ONCE. He is a joke. I don't care about his winning percentage. If he's not throwing up the numbers to win it, he's not winning them. To be playing with a rb as dynamic as cj only throwing for 250 once is pathetic. And that was 253. Would ever get close to 300?

Fisher wasn't popular here because he was dealing with an owner who feels he has the football smarts to name a franchise qb and a qb who has the emotional stability of a fat 13 year old girl at a middle school dance.

He juggled it masterfully. He didn't? You say? He made some of you believe Vince is a good qb. We could have been up and running in 2 years. We could be potentially down for a decade now.

Hodge said Vince could potentially dismantle an organization. Truer words were never spoken.

Good luck to Fish. VY can go.... Not worth it.

The Titans will be in a downward spiral for years.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Why 2 more years?

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar