Titans Still Need To Make Improvements To WR Position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

We now have the WR we need to make plays and Locker has a legit target to throw to this year.If Britt does stay healthy thats a bonus.

2. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Glad we got a WR, I wanted to trade for Mike Wallace but we still came out with a good WR! Britt's health just cant be trusted. If you double team Nate, then Locker has to throw to Hawkins and D Will all season. not a good idea.

3. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

But why does this move have to solely be about Britt's health? Look at the league...you can never have enough weapons. Your entire offense shouldn't shut down when one guy goes down...we looked pathetic last year on offense when KB went down because we were thin at WR. People began to double NW and it felt like we couldn't move the ball anymore

Look at the Giants..they had Nicks..Mannigham..Cruz.
    49ers are going crazy with WRs and dont forget VD at TE
    GB Jennings...Nelson..Driver..Cobb..Finley
    Cardinals added Floyd to go with Fitz and roberts etc..

IMO this isn't just about KB's health..but about empowering our offense

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

My initial post on this thread, makes me look like a fool now. Props to Mike for predicting this a long time ago.

Lets go KENDALL WRIGHT!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Same here. I remember thinking it would be a terrible idea to try to replace Kenny Britt. I thought he would come back healthy (and still believe he will). I look at the pick now as a way to further stretch the field and a way to give Locker another weapon. It also could open up the passing game for CJ who is another player who is deadly in space.

We all of a sudden have a very vast offense. Even Washington, Hawkins, Williams are much faster than some of our receivers of the past. If Britt can remain healthy we might have one of the fastest offenses in the league.

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If things go right we will be a very good team especially if Locker plays really well,our receiving group does great and last but not least we get CJ playing to the great potential he played with 2008 through 2010.If our defense can step up especially with Wimbley being added and shut down opponents from doing too much then Britt,CJ and Wright plus the rest of our offense will be in great shape.Hopefully with Hutch added and a few changes on the offensive line CJ will be a threat once again.If Britt can stay healthy,CJ gets back to form and Wright has a great year the offense will be successful.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Lots of points are going to be put on the scoreboard at LP field this yr. Both the Titans and our opponents. Will be fun to watch. I'm of the belief that you have to be elite on one side of the ball or the other. Offense is the side we have chosen. If we beef up the interior OL then we will have a complete offense which helps out the defense by keeping them off the field.

I'm also hoping that we can limit CJs touches to make his career last longer. Hopefully instead of 20-25 runs a game he can have 15 solid carries that are more productive because teams are having to worry about our passing offense.

8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I might be wrong but i really don't think Ringer or Harper is the answer at RB as far as the second RB goes.I like CJ but i wish we could get a really good physical bruiser in there to take some of the load from CJ and prolong his career.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar