Titans Still Need To Make Improvements To WR Position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

We finally are comfortable at the QB spot.That being said i still think either through the draft or free agency that we need to get WR help.No one knows much about Kenny Britt and his ability to play a full season.This team was doing pretty good last year but as soon as Britt got hurt we were not the same and the offense wasn't as good.Would not want a repeat of last year.If Britt is healthy he is the number one receiver followed by Nate Washington as number two.Damian Williams is our number three and hopefully he is doing better on his confidence and being more sure of himself.Lavelle Hawkins is the number four.

Maybe its just me but i think we could bring some more people in and at least have some competition during training camp and preseason.Seems like we could improve our WR group and make it better.

2. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

Eh, i think we need to focus on other positions of need. Looking at the entire team, WR is not a need at the moment.

We still need to buff up the Oline, Dline and Secondary before we think about WR.

Only way i see us taking a WR in the first 3-4 rounds is if one drops to us.

3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Yes i agree we definitely have other areas of concern at different positions especially Oline,Dline and secondary like you said.As soon as we did get those shored up i do hope the team does do a little bit of work with the WR position.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I dont see us drafting a WR before the 4th round.

We need too much help at DE, DT, OC, OG, S, and CB before we can draft a WR. Atleast at WR we have Britt & Washington; plus potential in Williams still.

I think if we have another solid draft like we did last year, and improve our DL and OL... next year we can take a S and WR in the first two rounds.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Kenny Britt
    Nate Washington
    Damian Williams
    Lavelle Hawkins
    Marc Mariani
    + the 3 practice squad receivers.

So you want us to carry 6 WR's on a game day roster? What random guy will you deactivate to make space for your 6th WR?

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

WR is definitely the least of our worries (besides QB).

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If Floyd is there at 20 and we have him rated higher than any available defensive player I certainly wouldn't be mad if we took him. People keep talking about our WR group and assuming Kenny is going to be 100% healthy. AND that he's going to be the same guy if he is healthy.

The bottom line is Kenny hasn't played a full season since 2009, his rookie year. And he's coming off a brutal knee injury. There's definitely a chance that he won't ever be at the level he was pre-injury. And there's an even greater chance he won't be at that level THIS season.

With a healthy Kenny, yes, our WR group looks fantastic. Without him we are VERY mediocre. And in such a pass happy league, mediocre receivers are a huge detriment. IMO we need some legitimate KB insurance. Doesn't necessarily need to come from the first round of the draft. But we could use some help.

And I'm not saying we don't have more important needs at the moment. I'm just a big believer in BPA in the 1st round (in most cases). And you can never have too many good receivers. All phases of the game are important. But if you have an elite passing game you have a very good shot to win each and every game.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

Jerome Simpson would be a good insurance policy.

He may be suspended half of the year - if Britt is ineffective Simpson will be ready by midseason.

If he's suspended the entire year - he'll be ready next year and sat for a cheap price.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I would love to add a guy like Chris Rainey to the team. A real scat back sort of player. A guy who is a threat to take the bubble screen to the house.

Sure you can look at the draft as a way to fill needs, but you really should be trying to get the best football players. If it is the 4th rnd and a 3rd rnd rated WR is on the board then I take the WR over reaching for a 5th rnd safety.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

We should have kept Avery. I'm very surprised he couldn't work his way into the offense last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar