Titans Start Out of the Gate Fast in 34-13 Win Over Rams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans start to the 2008 season started fast highlighted by a 66-yard TD run by first-round draft pick Chris Johnson. "I didn't blink, I saw it," TE Alge Crumpler said. "Everybody else looked like they were running for their lives and he was just so smooth. … I'm anxious to see the replay because it happened so fast." The run accounted for the bulk of Johnson's 77 yards on six carries and was part of a 340-yard rushing night for the Titans. He also caught a pass for 13 yards. "I didn't know I'd have a run like that in the first game," Johnson said with a smile. "I just wanted to come in and have a good game, and let the organization know they didn't make a mistake with the first round pick."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

Great article.

It was against the Rams.

I'm still not happy with our defensive schemes. Our DB's are better than what the scheme indicated. There were a few Bulger passes that shouldn't have been completions, but as usual, the defensive system showed its flaws.

With that said, I'm proud that the boys went out and put on a good preseason performance.

3. arcticboy

arcticboy Guest

c'mon now. this is the nfl, the other team is going to complete some passes. What else do you want. Rey did get toasted on that long one (as usual) and Eric King had a rough night tackling.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It was hard to find much fault in this one. Not scoring TDs in the redzone early remains a concern. I would have liked to see more passes to the receivers but why bother to pass when you're gashing the Rams with every run?

It's preseason football. You can't get too excited or down. We'll get a better idea of the run game against a much better defense Friday night.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

They played great. Can't get any better than that. Well maybe VY scoring once but we played great.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Did Lavelle Hawkins not play this game?

7. The Playmaker

Saw him a couple times still interested in Hayes.

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I'm sure we'll see more from VY before the pre-season is over.

The coaches aren't going to show everything in Game One of the pre-season.

9. The Playmaker

Omar Cuff looked very good.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Fishers version of changing things up, run more. 300 plus. wow. That was sick.

I think this was impressive. It was the rams. It was vanilla. But the rams looked at us all week too. We still cut them up. I think we can take a lot away from this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar