Titans Staff Unified on Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think it's all about Young not being able to read defenses (account for more defenders in the middle) and his own inaccuracy. If you overthrow an out to the sideline, it's out-of-play. If you do it down the middle fo the field, it's more likely to be picked.

2. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

The only thing that scares me is those Jacksonville Jaguars they are gearing up like nobody buzziness!! Scary that probably will be the team to beat and we play them twice a year :scared: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

My whole point was it doesn't matter if he drops a ball. They don't shut down the passing game if he drops a ball. And, knowing this, it would turn what is a 2-sided question mark (Vince, WRs) into a 1-sided question mark (Vince)

Steve McNair tossed the ball around pretty good. So I think the possibility exists if the qb develops. And Steve developed by slowly letting him throw more and more, and finding a guy he had confidence in.

4. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

your right bennet didnt have game breaking speed but he ran awsome routes and new how to get behind the defense... the only 2 wide recievers we have that i have confidence in are justin gage and roydell williams... and both of those guys are posesion recievers... point being if we cant get the ball down field we are going to struggle on offense period... i trust your opinion of vince and ito me if he cant throw the ball down field our offense is in deep trouble.. in my opinion this is to important to speculate can or cant he throw the ball down field... give him the weapons to suceed and if he cant get the job done we need to find someone who can... look at last year vince had a horriable year and alot of the blame got placed on the fact that vince didnt have the weapons to suceed and again we are heading towards another year and nobody for vince to throw the ball too but plenty of people to point the fingure at...

5. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

it makes me mad that the colts are getting ready to pass the torch of the afc south to somebody and you are right they are proably going to pass it to jacksonville because they used the off season to get better and we used the off season to get worse and its a bunch of b.s... we should be the ones at the top of the afc south but instead it looks like the faguars are the team to beat not us...

6. TitanJeff

So what kind of weapon do you guys want over one of the fastest players in the league? Dinger will be lining Johnson out wide at times. It sounds like a weapon to me.

7. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I think most of us want a true wide receiver weapon. I like chris johnson but he's not a guy who will help vince improve as a passer downfield. He will help out vinces numbers I think greatly, but it won't be because vince is throwing it downfield it will be because yards after catch. Some of you guys make it seem he can line up outside run a deep route and make a play on the ball. Granted I only watched 3 ECU games this year but I don't remember him ever running a deep route. Really most of us wish we could have a randy moss, t.o. or chad johnson type which is very hard to find and we probably didn't have a shot of getting one of those type of players this offseason anyways.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i don't see where all of this "space" is going to come from for chris johnson to get into.

no one respects our passing game and brings everyone to the LOS, therefore bringing everyone closer to chris johnson.

if we split him out wide the first thing everyone is going to see coming is a bubble screen, so there's no surprise there. not to mention our O-linemen aren't the most athletic bunch in the league.

so we spread the field and go into the shotgun to get johnson in space. everyone keys on johnson and our WRs still can't seperate to beat one on one coverage(just like last year).

9. TitanJeff

"Most of us" includes me. But there wasn't that clear #1 WR in this draft. And even if there were, the impact he'd have this season would be limited as few rookie WRs are big contributors.

Having Johnson SHOULD make the WRs and the deep passing game that much better. Weapons on offense tend to draw attention which leads to opportunities for other players.

Though my bets have not gone too well as of late, I'll bet we're going to have debates here at the end of the '08 season on trying to sign at least one of our WRs long-term as we did Odom and LaBoy after they gave us three very mediocre seasons previously.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

True TJ- but there were SEVERAL big, fast WR's that were worthy of trading up in the second (and third) round to secure one of them. Certainly moreso than trading up in the fourth to get a "best kept secret" "project" DE that was supposedly going to mysteriously go early in the fourth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar