Titans Staff Unified on Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

:applause: :applause: :applause:

I can't believe no one else said anything about this. Absolutely amazing. Nice one, Phi. Do we have like a GoTitans.com post Hall of Fame? This one should be there.

2. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i want to make a point... this one is for all of you that think the titans made an awsome draft choice with chris johnson at #24... alll of you have the same argument, he's fast ... but he is blind and deaf yeah but he's fast.. this argument has been going on since saturday and just because chris johnson is fast doesnt mean he is going to be awsome in the nfl... i keep bringing this up and everyone said i had no point but chris henry was fast last year and ran the fastest 40 among runningbacks at the combine thats why the titans took a chance on him because he's fast... you can get bye with just speed in college but in the nfl you need alot more tools to suceed... i hope chris johnson has these tools but i can bet his speed wont be the tool that gets him to the top... lets not forget in the nfl everyone is fast...

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:werd:

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

NOS Johnson will adjust to the NFL, a guy with speed and a little bit of brains will learn to avoid the hit at all cost. Henry didnt learn that and it took 1/2 his game away.

5. OneYardShort

OneYardShort Camp Fodder

Still don't understand people's and I suppose the Titan's view on Henry. Though I respect they know more than us, combined. Just seemed very odd to write him off already. He looked pretty well, during the middle half of the season, before the bogus suspention.
    As far as the draft goes, I am pleased with the first 4 rounds. Don't know enough about the later picks to say one way or the other. Does seem like people are way too happy or way too pissed about this draft... a well every draft I've been around for that matter.

6. wg53

wg53 Starter

Some of you guys are just so dense it is pathetic.

THERE WERE NO #1 WRS IN THIS DRAFT. NOT A SINGLE ONE WAS DRAFTED IN THE FIRST. I said before the draft none of them was worth a first and 32 NFL teams agreed with me.

Thomas and Sweed are not one of the mythical so-called #1 WRS.

You don't have to pick a WR in the first round for them to be a good WR.

Steve Smith was a 3rd. Mason was a 4th. Terrell Owens was a 3rd. Anquan Boldin was a 2nd. Rod Smith wasn't even drafted. Chad Johnson was a 2nd.

11 of the 20 WRs who had over 1,000 yards last year were not first round draft selections.

Not to mention WRs bust in the first round more often than any other selection.

Also a RB will always touch the ball and have a bigger impact than a WR does game in and game out.

And this talk of giving up a first rounder or 2nd rounder for Roy Williams is just downright stupid. The guy averages 800 yards a year and only has 1 1,000 yard season.

7. wg53

wg53 Starter

1. No one is as fast as Johnson is in the NFL.

2. Blind and Deaf? WTF are you talking about? Keep making up crap just for the sake of arguing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar