Titans Slow Start Puzzles Collins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: In all of the last seven games besides the Thanksgiving Day game, the Titans offense has only been able to produce a field goal or less in the first quarter. Kerry Collins hasn't thrown a touchdown pass in the first quarter all season, but he has thrown six interceptions. He has 11 touchdowns and one interception from the second quarter on. "But it hasn't been just Kerry," OC Mike Heimerdinger said. "Some other guys are going to have to step up and make some plays. We've had some good drives early and have had some guys not execute at times. Kerry missed some guys last week but some guys had chance to make plays and didn't make them. Really, it's been a combination of a lot of things. It's been a group effort."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I think knowing youre already in the playoffs has something to do with the way they play. they can say it dont, but in the back of their mind it has an effect. This Sunday has HFA on the line, this is the biggest game since we knew we was in the playoffs. if this doesnt get the players ready to play then i dont know what will.

3. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

If we don't come out Sunday and have it together again then I wouldn't expect the Titans to make it past the first playoff game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar