Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans sign Zaviar Gooden

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jun 4, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,899
    I think he can be another Keith Bulluck. Who took a couple years to develop before he was amazing for us.
  2. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,529
    How is this an odd pick?

Ayers was never really a coverage guy but was forced into the role his first year because we didn't have anyone else to do it and then again last year when McCarthy went down. With Ayers expected to rush more in passing situations we need another linebacker who can stay on the field in nickle and dime packages. Plus, now we have a guy who can play Brown's role if he goes down.

We had no depth at outside linebacker. I would have preferred Khaseem Greene from Rutgers, but let's give this staff credit for one thing, they know how to pick talented linebackers.
  3. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,699

I wouldn't say it was an odd pick in terms of getting an outside LB. It was just odd that we got him being that there were better options at the time.

I watched a few Missouri games and even with his speed, he is awful in coverage. I think it can be something he will improve on though.

Also from what I have watched, it seems like he tries to compensate by trying to do another man's job by spying on 2 or 3 guys at one time and that's what got him in coverage trouble.
  4. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,899
    I always loved this pick even though others have not. Getting a guy with this much up side at the end of the third is great. And not only does out staff know how to pick LBs but also know how to develop them.
    steverife high fives this.
  5. Aqutis30 Starter

D. Williams
    Moolah:
    $2,946
    As far as the money thing goes, you know it's pretty much all the agents in their ear telling them to wait so they can make that initial payment to them (agents) bigger.
  6. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,669
    The okafor love doesn't make sense to me. He was hyped as a first rounder this to,e last year. This draft class was supposed to be DEEP at De.... When I watched this dude play I never saw it. Thus he slipped passed our 3th round comp
    nbtoppers2 high fives this.
  7. Titanic_Sub Starter

Moolah:
    $1,128
    Homie has a cool name, he gets a pass from me for that alone.