Titans Sign WR Donnie Avery

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titaneers, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

you have to earn your shots in training camp and those few times you actually get to play..so far he has failed on that.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If DWill is producing, Avery won't start. I bet we see him come in only for a series or on certain passing packages.

I'd be willing to place a friendly wager on it. :brow:

I'm not anti-Avery but I think there are some serious red flags associated with the guy.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Every time I hear Hawkins speak, I break out laughing. Get some base in your voice man.

4. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I doubt he starts either. There must be some reason he has not been scooped up by someone sooner. But they did have a tryout for receivers. Maybe he was just king of the dipsticks.

I think they like his speed and hope they can use it to advantage in certain packages.How often will depend on how the other guys are performing.

5. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i really dont know why everyone is so set on avery coming in on the first play... remember the team he got dropped by? the Rams? i mean cmon! their receivers are Sims-Walker and Gibson.....

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

As a long time Cougar fan I'm sold. I think you'll like this kid. In one game in the NCAA, he had 346 yards receiving and 427 all purpose yards. whoa!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gfrlXsznPkM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If Avery does catch on and ends up playing well and CJ breaks out of his slump and returns to the dangerous back he can be then this offense could end up being pretty good even with the loss of Britt.

8. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

i like this sign and hopefully he contributes. it wasnt long ago that avery was looking to be sam bradfords main and only target for years to come ... lets hope britt can recover quickly after suffering the same injury avery did prior, acl's are no joke but he gives us another speed threat to stretch the field.

not looking at it yet officially on paper but man the titans receivers seem suddenly reallllly under-sized ... avery, washington, williams n hawk are all under 6'1 i believe ... but o well it'l be good to see some of these guys step it up! i'm especially wanting to see hawk step it up he seems far too inconsistent but has shown he can make some big plays

9. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

you mean bass?

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

actually nate and dwill are 6'1 and hawk and avery are 5'11... we still have size

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar