Titans sign Rattay, Gardner, and others...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DJB, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nash

Nash Starter

Interesting pick up of a fullback, could Hall be the 3rd RB???

2. johnnybow

johnnybow Guest

Interesting idea.

3. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

no...we also bring in players that wont make the roster just to add some quality preseason depth,and if Hall needs to take a practice off or so they'll have a player there etc...he wont make it out of preseason

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thing is these guys are back ups.

Everyone wants D-Line but at this stage there are no starting caliber D-Linemen out there to sign.

I don't understand why people want to sign backups, we have enough of them that are starting.

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

That was Bennett, I don't think any of our current WRs have QB experience

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree. One of the things holding the Titans back the last few seasons is that very few, other than KVB, have stepped up and OVERachieved on the field. Apparently they all play like All-Pros during the closed partices. I should see if I can use my tickets for them - lol

7. even with bennet having had the qb experience, i was surprised that we didnt do more gadget plays, like the chargers do with LT

8. Ctex

Ctex Guest

While I think it is just flushing out the roster for camp, it is an interesting notion. He has solid back skills and he is not slow. I think his run at proday was 4.49 or so.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I know someone will bring up desperate measures like the Colts game, but Jeff Fisher is too conservative for gadget plays. He did more of them back in the day, and they worked but now he's Phil Fulmer.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

All good signings..

We add a quality back up QB who is better than collins. Depth at olb and fullback. I know these signings are not big name sexy $10M players so some don't like it but they are the right thing to do.

Rattay can be a solid backup for several years and basically can end our concerns about what to do if vince goes down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar