Titans sign LB Tim Shaw

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Mitch86, Aug 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Can't find a way to share the video, it's on titansonline and elsewhere.

I thought it was great that the organization reached out to him. He came in and spoke to the players a few days ago and a lot of them talked about how emotional and motivating it was.

The Titans signed Shaw to a one day contract so he could officially retire a Titan. You could tell it meant a lot to him for the organazation to do that for him and it also gives him a platform to help spread awareness for ALS.

I remember him being a pretty good special teams player. I can't imagine the battle he's facing now. Props to the Tennessee Titans though.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Best special teams LB ever

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I do remember him being a beast on special teams. Seemed like he was in on the tackle every time.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

A lot of the time he was

#4 JCBRAVE, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I hope he is healthy, I just look at his pics and am amazed at how thin he is.

6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Yeah, not looking like he's doing real well... But he seems to be in good spirits. He said he expects his signing bonus check in the mail.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The ALS Association

Really cool for Titans to do this for one of their former players with this devastating condition.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Classy move by the Titans.

Side note, saw this preview and very interested to see it. Going to make a grown man cry. Gleason is suffering from the same disease Shaw is.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

maybe Titan fans should pull out their ice bucket videos

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Excellent gesture by the organization. Robinson and Mularkey have done a lot of things right this off-season in terms of the treatment of former players. Plenty old Titans used to complain about a lack of connection with the organization. That is slowly changing thanks to Robinson and Mularkey.

Shaw was an excellent special teams player. I wish him the best in his fight with ALS.

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar