Breaking News Titans Sign LB Gary Guyton

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanBlazer, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

NFL's Ian Rapoport is reporting it is a 1 year deal. Thoughts?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This guy had 3 sacks and 2 INTs back in 2010 or 2011 for the patriots, he might provide something for us.

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

First thought:

Who?

4. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

Wasn't he most recently a Dolphin? I do remember he played pretty well for the Pats.

5. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

More depth behind :injured:

I'm starting to get worried that we're gonna end up releasing Crutches at some point if he can't stay healthy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea... I thought he was at least decent with the Pats, but I can't remember if he's MLB or OLB?

I'm hoping MLB.

7. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans have signed former Patriots linebacker Gary Guyton to a one-year deal.

Guyton joins the Titans at a time when the team is banged up at the position, as linebackers Colin McCarthy, Zaviar Gooden and Greg Jones all missed practice Saturday with injuries.

Guyton played from 2008-2011 with the Patriots, where he appeared in 60 career games. He started all 16 games for the Patriots in 2009, when he he 85 tackles and 1.5 sacks.

He was most recently with the Chargers in 2012.

The Titans worked out Guyton, who went to Georgia Tech, last year before he signed with the Chargers. He also worked out for the team recently. Guyton has also spent time with the Cowboys and Dolphins in his NFL career.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I'd have no problem with cutting "They call me Mr. Glass" McCarthy, and at the very least filling his spot with someone that can stay healthy and at least be serviceable. We have Moses, so I think he can fill the starting spot.

9. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

He played mostly MLB for the Pats.

He has been been on 3 or 4 other teams since the Pats but they all released him pretty quickly. Depth is always good I suppose.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I liked him back when he was at GA Tech. We could always use competition at MLB, so I guess there is nothing wrong with this signing at all.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar