Titans sign G/C Rob Turner

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Because Velasco is better.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I can promise we don't go Guard anymore in the 1st round.

This will be a very interesting draft now. I still wanted Chance though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I want Ansah... I wouldn't complain with Warmack or Cooper, but those picks don't make much sense anymore especially when we could take Warford or Barrett Jones in the 2nd round instead.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I like this signing. Hopefully it paves the way to cut Amano's a.s.s. Even if he doesn't win a starting job on the line he'll be good depth.

5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Still want Warmack

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'm going to have to watch more film on Ansah. I would just be very weary of selecting him so high.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I just don't agree Warmack/Cooper doesn't make sense "anymore" all of a sudden. We still desperately need a starting RG.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Correct, but Warmack is a LG and Cooper is a LG.

Warford is a RG. Jones can play anywhere on the line, but is best at RG or C.

We just signed a LG to a 6 year/$46mil deal. We're set at that position. I don't doubt Warmack and Cooper could switch to RG, but would they be as effective? Why not go with a couple of guys we know play well at that position?

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Me too. If we were picking 20 I'd take a risk on him. But @ #10 OL is much more of a sure thing if Warmack or Cooper are there. Ansah is way too raw and he played at BYU of all places. It's not like he was beasting in the SEC.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

1. We have a great speed back and a solid power back.

2. We have a 2nd year starter who was hurt all year and got pressured much too often last year.

3. We have already upgraded a young defense with good potential.

We have to get the best offensive linemen we can. From the looks of things, that's going to be a G or T. We may very well need another starting RG anyway if the guy we just signed ends up being less than good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar