Titans sign Fowler

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

four-year deal for $11.5 million for a unproven lb that is good at sp teams! HA what are we doing here. this guy must be loving life right now, when he knows he will be collecting pretty much free paychecks for doing nothing.

waste of money i say. this gm is really impressing ppl tho, good work.

2. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

With the signing of this Fowler guy; i really do think that Fisher and Bud are thinking superbowl!

3. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I'm assuming Fisher knows more than we do... ie: Briggs and Scott started the same way. Fowler was a great signing. Thats what we need in F.A... 3, 4 year player with a'lot of potential that can compete for a starting spot or add valued depth.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Good signing...

Might be our starting MLB. Won't turn 25 until may. They obviously see more in this kid than just a backup. Also with the signing of him and lavar woods we have two solid special team cover guys.

Almost $3M a year seems high but if he ends up starting it won't be and he is making less than sirmon made last year..

Last year we were playing with little depth at linebacker. Now we have decent depth there.

5. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I'm not a scout, all I can say about the kid is he's big 6'3 250lbs, and now rich.

Can'ty lie, I'm glad we have almost have signed someone. Hell, we could sign a new mascot at this point, and I'd be somewhat happy.

When is T-Rack's contract up???

6. reindfelt is our gm now

7. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

I may be wrong about this so please nobody fly off the handle, but 4 years 11 mill and travis was wanting 5 years at 12 mill or was his total more and 12 mill was gauranteed. If it was 12 mill gauranteed then the move makes sense if it was 12 mill total then that sucks.

8. mdfan

mdfan Starter

9. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Good signing: Everything I've read thus far says Fowler's ready to take the next step. He's a 4 year guy who was coached by the Tuna. He's from Duke, (meaning he's smart), and he brings the wood. ANd he doesn't cost a draft pick in return, so we'll have one more available to ove around with.

It's not the sexy, BIG name most of the complainers want, but it's a good, smart signing.

Nothing wrong with this. If Tulloch beats him out, super. He'll have earned it.

10. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Fowler is a good signing for us. We don't know how much of the contract is gauranteed so it may be an even better signing. Our special teams need help and he is supposed to be one of the best and if he provides motivation for Tulloch even better, if he wins the job at MLB he is a steal. I think the Titans have scouted this guy enough to make this deal and the Eagles are pretty good at evaluating talent and they offered the same deal.Many here were complaining about guys picking other teams although the Titans made them the same offer. Let's give MR credit for jumping in and selling the guy on the Titans after he said he was signing with the Eagles. Good pick up maybe better than good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar