Titans Sign DL Leger Douzable

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Britt is not in a contract year. He's signed thru 2013

and players get what they can get now, they don't wait because there's no certainty that they'll be able to get that the next year. McCourty is the first and last guy Webster should be offering anything to. Cook may have had his best year, but he also screwed up a lot last year. I'd make that guy prove he's worth another contract, cause up to now I'm not convinced he's worth an extension. For all the good plays he makes, he blows the same amount.

2. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

Better for us I'll give him two years to show he can stay healthy and if not then we move on cause his health and maybe his head are the only things holding him back from being great.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There's nothing wrong with his head, he was just young. Doing dumb stuff is part of growing up. I feel good about Britt.

4. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

I agree I think he was really young when he came into the league and all of the sudden was a millionaire. I don't think he is stupid or a bad guy just immature. hopefully this knee injury doesn't slow him down too much at the beginning of the season.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

All Douzable is right now is a camp body. We will probably still end up with 3/4 more defensive ends between now and pre season.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We are going to keep 9 defensive linemen when we start the season. 4 Dts and 4 DEs and one guy who can play both and this is that guy.

I don't like the signing because we should have brought Jason Jones back to be that versatile guy. I wanted to see Jones for one more year in this system and he only signed a 1 year deal with the Seahawks for $4M. We could have and should have done that. Then he would be motivated.

Jones is better than this guy!

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Thing is that Jones didn't want to be that swing guy. He wanted to go to a team that was going to strictly play him at DT. He knew that with Gray's scheme he wasn't a perfect fit.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Exactly. Jones probably wants to go be a full-time DT for a season and re-establish his value as a DT to get a long-term contract in 2013. Even if we matched the Seahawks' offer I doubt he would have accepted it.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I agree with you guys. I feel that the FO should have given him a shot at DT again. He was a great DT for us when he did play at that spot. His high performance there is what made him such the candidate to move around. They figured his performance would transition.

I'm not sold on this whole "getting bigger" thing. We're usually talking about a 15-20 pound difference and some of the big guys (not naming any names) still get pushed around. J Jones was a very disruptive player. I'm a little dissapointed he's not on the team anymore.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

The thing is, I think staff feels like they know what Jones can give them. And that's inconsistent production and quite a few injury problems. $4 million is a lot for a guy like that.

I think Jones is probably the better player if he's healthy and getting to play DT full time. I'm thinking the staff feels Douzable can be more versatile than Jones was, with less injury problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar