Titans sign DE Babin to offer sheet (AP)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not the same situation as KVB. Babin has been in the league 3 years longer and played a lot more than KVB had when we got him. We will be his 5th NFL team now in 6 years which to me says a lot.

We can't just take any POS and make him a great player with good coaching. That is the logic used here.

It was a low risk signing but i wanted us to upgrade our defense not being in another bench guy.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The Philadelphia Eagles were so impressed with Jason Babin's incredible talent and work ethic after one year in their system they would not even match a one year deal for just above the vet minimum to play in a backup role.

What does that say about this guy?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Had 4 different teams rejected KVB before he came to us?

Did Jason Babin have reconstructive surgery on both knees in his first 3 years in the league?

Injuries ruined 2 1/2 of KVB's 4 seasons at Arizona and they gave up on him because they thought he was done because of the 2 knee injuries not because he was a bum.

Jason Babin appeared in 43 games in his first 3 years in the league so he had plenty of opportunities to prove he could play and the Texans gave up on him not because of injury but because he sucked.

I frankly feel it is insulting to compare KVB the ultimate coachable, high effort hustle guy, to a guy who is to a bum who has been rejected by 4 other teams.

4. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Heh. Good observation on that one.

This fact scares me, personally.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Eagles already had enough guys to fill the position of Babin.

wasnt that they didnt want him, they didnt need him. guys seem to player better in our system. look what happens to players that do great here then leave for another team.

6. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

You guys realize they just traded for Tapp the day before Babin signed the offer? They probably feel no need to bring babin back to have him only be a 5th or so dlinemen, especially when you look at their past and they usually need to have spots open to fill their linebacker spot.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea and they traded a defensive end to get him so they didn't add any more defensive ends to the roster. I'm not as worried about the Eagles not resigning him, I wonder why the Texans, Seahawks and Chiefs didn't resign him. He's a journeyman backup defensive end people, he wont make a difference.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

^ I'm not saying we just mold every guy we get into an all pro, but Tony Brown was a journeyman too before we signed him. Why did Carolina, San Francisco, and Miami not resign him? I look at Babin as a possibility. I wouldn't write him off as camp fodder just yet, but I wouldn't be willing to say he's going to crack the starting lineup or even make the final roster either. He had a good college career. Hopefully he realizes this is it, and starts playing his best football.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Coach Jeff Fisher admitted that newly acquired DE Jason Babin will be part of a rotation at defensive end.
    "He's not an every-down player, but he'll play a lot of snaps for us," Fisher said. Even though many defensive ends have career years under position coach Jim Washburn, Babin's upside will be capped by his limited snaps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar