Titans Sign Corey Simon...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Mike Who? - Bob Sanders it is.

2. jcbeerbarian

jcbeerbarian Guest

Mahelona is neither a fat turd or a nothing. He is a second year guy who is improving and learnin the system. The two ****heads who posted those comments are obviously people who have never played football or understand DL play. If either one of you attended practices, you would have heard Coach Washburn praising Mahelona. I would love to see the results of deither one of you clowns saying that to his face. He is a good man, works hard and is learning the system. He doesn't take ever other play off like Haynesworth, play uninspired like Starks, and practices every day unlike Long. Long had a horrific injury and should be on IR.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

keep your friends close ..... and your enemies closer

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Cool pickup if he's healthy, which I think he is at this point. Let him get into shape and add him to the rotation around week 2 or 3...

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

im a little disappointed though. i really wanted tony brown to start. i liked what i saw of him last year and during this preseason

6. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

the difference between starting and second string for our d-tackles isn't much. Simon won't start for a while anyways

7. He'll be right next to Haynesworth when we kick off against Jax i know that.Looks like Tony Brown will be back at DE if Odom injury is significant

8. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

I think this will allow Brown to move outside, which is good because Odom is already hurt again (hopefully not serious) and Laboy is a non-factor even when healthy, which he isnt.

9. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans Sign DT Simon

SUMMARY: The Titans have signed DT Corey Simon to a one-year deal. "Corey brings a combination of run-stuffing size and pass rushing ability to the defensive tackle position," said Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt. "Prior to last season, he has been a consistent and productive player who contributed to playoff teams and we are excited to see him get a second chance here with the Titans to prove he still has that ability." Terms of the contract are not known but the Colts signed Simon to a five-year, $30 million contract in 2005. They terminated the contract on Aug. 4, in part due to Simon's health issues. He did not play last season because of a knee injury and an undisclosed illness. K John Vaughn was released to open a roster spot.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I think it's a solid signing if he can regain his form and be a force inside. I hope Mahelona can still stick somehow I like how he is improving and Wash loves him.

Any updates on the Odom injury I hope it's nothing serious it was looking like everything was finally clicking and coming together for him and he looked to be in great shape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar