Titans Sign Corey Simon...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trey

Trey Guest

All I know is that a huge body like his lined up next to Haynesworths even bigger body can do nothing but good for our defense. Not only will he clog the run, but will also take up a few blockers to prevent double teams against our ends, which in turn will result in better pass rush. That will also ultimately improve our secondary because they won't have to cover as long. Does anyone think the Jags D would be as good as it is if they didn't have those 2 monsters Henderson and Stroud in the middle??? Consider Simon and Haynesworth our version of that, and the rest of the defense will definately benefit from it

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Simon vs robaire?

Robaire was on our team last year and at this point we have to admit that he is better than simon until we see what simon can do. We sucked last year with robaire but with simon we are "elite" as one poster said or "much deeper" as another said? Simon passed a physical but that doesn't mean he can play.

Another falsehood is this idea that simon is a bigger guy than the players we have. On their respected espn player pages simon is listed at 6'2 300 hardly large for a DT and randy starks is listed at 6'3 312. Simon would be a better run stopper than long and maybe better than brown or starks but we need to know more because this polyarthritis thing doean't sound good..

3. Smitty46953

Smitty46953 Starter

I, and this is just my own opinion believe that the Colts upper management / owner were so pissed off at Corey Simon because of the past that regardless of what kind of shape he reported in he was destined to fail his physical with the Colts. Not sure how much truth there was to it but did hear that the Colts did not even have a room reserved for him at training camp??? Also his agent was reported to have said he was in excellent shape for the pre-season physical and wanted to play for the Colts... Hmmm if any of this is in fact true then Corey's path and the net result of his physical was more than likely pre-determined by the powers that be...

I personally would have brought him into the Colts camp and evaluated from there... If he was in shape and ready to contribute then by all means give the man another shot we certainly have enough invested in him... Roll Tide is correct as Simon was diagnosed with an immune difficiency disease that is hard to overcome... So I feel that Irsay & Polian may have in fact cut off their nose to spite their face, even more so now that Booger McFarland has been injured and more than likely done for the season... Oh well thats why they are paid the big bucks !!! [​IMG]

I hated too see Simon sign with a team from the AFC South especially the Titans... With that said I think Corey Simon will be one of your best additions thus far, just to bad he can't catch passes for you...

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the titans have him listed at 320, when simon was aked about that he said "im pretty close to that"

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

just look at a pic of him he's a big boy

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Who needs to have people catching passing when we get to play against your run defense twice a year???

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

320 eh?

Ok so we brought in a guy in bad shape? Check out the article below that makes the point that simon was too heavy for the colts in 05.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/story/2007/7/2/95420/12814

Simon is listed at that same 300 lbs on yahoo sports and pro football reference has him at just 293. If he really weighs 320 than maybe not a good sign. This guy has been a quick tackle who fit well into the attacking style of football the eagles played. That's his game. At 6'2 300 he is tiny compared to albert who is 6'6 330. How i have longed for years for us to get another 2 gap guy like albert who can eat up blockers and play the run but simon isn't that guy.

In short he is not big for this position at all and probably plays better at the lighter weight anyway..

Ted washington 6'6 330

Sam adams 6'3 330

John henderson 6'7 328

Marcus stroud 6'6 312

Those are examples of big DTs not just in weight but guys with big frames, much bigger than simon..

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

those guys better put the other foot on the scale, because they havent weighed that since high school.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

10. Smitty46953

Smitty46953 Starter

Trust me on this I played nose guard in college at 6'3" 295# ...and Corey is 330+ ... At least he was in 2005 ...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar