Titans Sign Corey Simon...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Well... IF he's healthy it could be great for us. Gotta trust the team doctors that he's good to go. Simon/AH could clog up the middle really well. With Bulluck/Thorton on the outside edges it should be tough to run on us. I know a lot of people thought Simon was washed up - I just simply had no opinion... the Colts value skills completely differently than the Titans. I never understood this mystery illness. It's just impossible to know. Hopefully he's good to go.

2. If he's healthy and in shape, this is a major pickup. The guy was a stud with the Eagles.

Haynesworth, Simon, KVB, and Odom should (theoretically) make a for a very good DLine.

3. zackmann

zackmann Guest

good signing...this should help our run D....

my condolences to the local burger kings....

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I just don't understand why he would play any better/harder for us than he did the Colts.

It had been reported the "undisclosed illness" was "polyarthritis". I know he had arthroscopy for his left knee. I don't see how the 2 would be related.

Most "Polyarthritis" conditions are autoimmune- where the body's immune system attacks itself (attacking joint linings in polyarthritis). If that truly is the case with Simon- then that would be good. It most likely could be controlled with medicine. Caveat would be side-effects of the medicines needed to treat it and if the condition progressed to attack other organ systems.

Anyway- he'll add decent depth and hopefully motivate Starks. If our medical team is right in their assessment- I can see this working out really well for us.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Buh bye to who? Mahelona? Long? Simon? Be funny if he got cut after the GB game. Not really.

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Yowsa! The only way we pick this guy up is if our medical and coaching staff truely believe he can return to his pro bowl form. If he does... AWESOME! Now I REALLY gotta watch Thursdays game!

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

You think he will play Thurs? So Soon after signing I will be suprised.

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Expectation management. Simon is an upgrade over Long or Mahelona (who will likely be released to make room for Simon).

He will not be a strating DT until well into the season, but if he works hard and stays healthy, he is a definite upgrade.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

maybe Mahelona can make the Practice Squad?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar