Titans sign Ahmard Hall, FB, Texas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

A guy can have multiple reasons to pick somewhere. He has a decent chance to make the roster here, and he has his relationship with Vince. Just because those were probably the most significant factors in his signing here doesn't mean that BigTitan is trashing the Titans, Nashville, or the fans. He's merely pointing out why we were a logical choice for hall. I don't think we should take it personally that players generally make their decisions about teams based on their feelings about their chance of success...

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

yeah I was a little confused of the trashing titans/fans whatever comment because someone pointed out a good fact about those teams.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

bigtitan53279 hit the nail on the head.
    For UDFAs there is only one factor that should enter into their decision of what team to try out for. Ask the question, where do I have the best chance to keep earning a pay check past the summer? I would even go to Baltimore if that was the best chance of making an NFL roster.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you must be a QB then :ha:

5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I guess I took it a touch personal because bigtitan kept quoting me like he was arguing against me or something. But it's all good. Though I still think his argument was bunk. For one thing, Kliensasser is a tight end. Secondly, Finn is garbage and the Giants,unlike our Titans, are a playoff team. Thirdly, Mack Strong is 34 which is old for a back, and I could swear I just saw the Hawks in the Superbowl.

Anyway, my point is that Hall certainly could have just as easily competed for playing time in anyone of those organizations. I personaly prefer to think he came here for the organization, this teams potential, the city and the great fans. Present company included. Except bigtitan. (just kidding).

6. Nash

Nash Starter

First of all, only Tennessee and Green Bay showed up for Hall's workout, so only limited teams were interested...but as to what the plans are for using him, time will tell.. if we go to a power running game, he might spell Lendale at TB.. he's about the same size and speed, just not as much wiggle...

7. Actually they had him playing FB a lot before last year's injury. But they signed Tony Richardson to play FB anyway, so it's a moot point.

Maybe, maybe not, but he has been in the NFL for 6 years and he seems to have a solid hold on the job.

He may be older, but they aren't going to cut him this year and Hall needs to stick this season.

The Titans are the team that gives Hall the best chance to make the roster because there is the least competition for the job.

8. maximus

maximus Starter

lol

Still, he wouldnt amount to much. We all know what Baltimore is an old indian word for "Where QBs go to die"

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I thought that was "Raiders". My native american lingo might be a little rusty though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar