Titans Showed Heart, Adversity Today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I just have so many good things to say about our game today and the awesome experience I had at the game that I don't know where to put it other than by making a thread about it.

I am expecting at least two of our plays to make the top 10. If I were in charge, I would put at least 4 of our plays in the top 10. Screw it. There's no way someone can top our plays today. Nate's catch is catch of the year. It won't be topped.

The only things I can complain about (okay, so this sounds like a lot):

- Refs
    - Bironas
    - O-line (run blocking)... notice I'm not even complaining about CJ
    - Locker's inaccuracy on WR screens
    - Terrible fans who left early
    - Akeem Ayers' ridiculous roughing the passer (game would've ended at 41-27 from Verner's pick in the endzone)
    - Prevent defense
    - Onside kick coverage (Damian Williams)

It may sound like I'm complaining a lot, but I'm not... this is warranted. If I were an old man, I would've died in the stadium from a heart attack.

Overall, the team came to play, and I'm proud of our guys. Most entertaining game in years. Game of the year - no one is touching this one. I just don't even know what to say about today. Such an awesome game... would've been an absolute shame to blow this one after so many incredible plays. The fact that we were still able to overcome that Hail Mary says a lot about the team... I think we have a bright future. Thanks for proving me wrong today, guys - even though I came extremely close on getting the Lions score correct; I was only slightly off on our points (34 points off).

Side note: we apparently set an NFL single game record with 5 TDs of 60+ yards.

Bironas, get your **** together. Don't be a Del Greco and tarnish your legacy with the team. Thank God we didn't give him a contract yet.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

- Refs
    This was my biggest issues with the game today. Not only did they miss SEVERAL calls that could have ended the game early. They also took their sweet time figuring out what exactly happened and seemed to kill momentum in a game that it hinged upon.

- Bironas
    Bad game, sucks it could have cost us the game, but lets not forget before this that he was on pace to beat a record. He also just recently became the 3rd most accurate kicker in NFL history. Lets not over react just yet.

- O-line (run blocking)
    Honestly, I didn't even think it was as bad as the last two games. I firmly believe that CJ has lost it.

- Locker's inaccuracy on WR screens
    He only had a few poorly thrown balls, everything else was money

- Terrible fans who left early
    For shame

- Akeem Ayers' ridiculous roughing the passer (game would've ended at 41-27 from Verner's pick in the endzone)
    While painful, he had his share of good plays today. Lets hope he got his ass chewed and will learn from it. He is a very young guy and I believe he will be a staple on defense for us pretty soon.

- Prevent defense
    This **** is sooooo painful, get rid of it.

- Onside kick coverage (Damian Williams)
    I don't have proof of course, but I said that this would would end up going to overtime. Flat out, they caught us thinking about the game being over and made us pay for it. We went to overtime, we got settled down and played mistake free football in overtime. Along with some nice penalties, the coaching staff excelled here. Good job of keeping everyones head in the game when, what should have been, a heartbreaking final seconds.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well there was the mistake of :cj: getting the rock in OT - that was pretty real bad

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I loved how we did exactly what I wanted to start the game...

Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, then try running it.

I'm not sure how many passes in a row we ran, but I just kept saying "keep passing" and when Palmer actually did it, I was shocked.

Can't complain about the play-calling at all. FYI, keep passing a ton to start games, Palmer. It is key.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Palmer actually did a good job today.

*stares down Jerry Gray until he bows his head in shame and maybe sheds a tear*

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I liked the playcalling on the first series. Quick passes to stop the Lions pressure. We need more of that spread out, up tempo offense. I'd love us to run some spread out, no huddle with 3 WR + Cookie. I just hope Locker can do it.

8. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I have way too many comments about this game to even start listing them, but I will mention that I was impressed with how well Locker did. He's starting to settle down taking more command of the game. I knew that Locker needed this year to gain valuable playing time/experience and we would reap the rewards for it next year. This year is going to be bumpy as he learns, but I saw a good QB out there today and I'm excited that this year may not be as bumpy as I thought.

I sit in the south endzone and when the Titans were near us moving the ball the other way, I could see Locker throw passes (re: Stevens) before the receiver even turned around. The ball was in the air and I was like "Stevens, it's coming your way" and then Stevens would turn around just as the ball came to him, and he would make the catch. Locker knew exactly how far to throw the ball and the receiver knew exactly when it was going to get to him. They make it look easy, but that's not easy, and very impressive. Good throws, good catches, nice route running and everyone being on the same page.

9. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

BTW: Cookie is a beast! I hope his injury is not serious.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Gray made adjustments too. This is the 1st time this season we've been bumping receivers off the line. That was a big reason we got off the field some in the 1st half. He also called a very well timed blitz by Ayers that would've helped close the game late (if it wasn't for the onside and hail mary).

Both coordinators adjusted their gameplans this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar