Titans show no toughness

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GeronimoJackson, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fair enough..

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Trend...

Ranking in rush defense..

07-3rd

08-5th

09-16th

10-20th

11-24th

Certainly we are below 24th when all the games are played.

The problem now is that we have a defensive coordinator who has said there is a major commitment to improving those exact numbers and they seem to be getting worse.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Where was Casey & Klug last game? I literally did not notice them on ONE play. That's sad.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's a little too early to be able to say you know what we are yet. The team played ok at best vs probably the best team in football. Week-1 was a hell of a challenge, and a good measuring stick.

I'm not giving up or hitting the panic button on the defense. Klug was starting and he's always struggled vs the run, he's small guys, he's not suppose to be great vs the run. When Marks or Martin or a fully healthy Casey slid into that spot I think we'll be ok.

What really killed us was missed tackles. We kept Brady at bay, he didn't go off on us. Their RB did more damage, we just need to work on wrapping up and that should change your perception of our defense.

5. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

Haven't watched the game yet(I'll do that today)but there's no shame in getting beat by the Pats.
    The Texans played like **** and if we'ed played even a halfway decent team we would have lost.
    Here's to hoping both of our problems are due to being rusty.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Glad I decided to pass on seeing this game in Nashville. Will be down for at least the Lions and Colts. Hoping for a better result. The Texans game last year tainted me forever. And going to that game yesterday wouldn't have helped a bit.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The only good thing about the game was it wasn't the Colts who beat us up. The team didn't play OK. We turned the ball over, we couldn't run for an inch, we couldn't stop them from running and the Pats might have scored a few more TDs if they really wanted to. Sure the Pats are one of the best but you take that as an opportunity to prove you deserve to be on their level not prove you suck massively.

The 49ers as an example with their new coach took exactly no time to ressurect a failed franchise and they went into GreenBay and beat a team comparable to the Pats. They have no problem with toughness.

I'm not dissapointed at all we lost to a very good team. It is how we lost that really bothers me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Yes, the original title when I made the thread was "Have we been, if not the worst, one of the worst tacking defenses since 09?" lol

9. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

Mike Martin actually started alongside Casey. I didn't notice either one of them.

Morgan actually made a few stops in the first half. Hell, the defense was playing decently in the first half, but for whatever reason the wheels fell off. Probably has something to do with McCarthy missing the whole second half. Not only is he a difference maker but he lines everyone up and makes sure everyone knows their assignments.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We ran for 240 inches on Sunday, thats so sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar