Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans shouldn't change a thing after dropping 2 in a row

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 14, 2013.

?

Do you want to see changes made right now?

Yes 20 vote(s) 55.6%
No 15 vote(s) 41.7%
I really have no F-king clue 1 vote(s) 2.8%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. Gut Starter

Moolah:
    $1,027
    I don't think Warmack has any bearing on Schwenke. The problem with Schwenke is that he's a rookie who never really got to do much pre-season so he didn't really get a chance to compete. The bigger issue is the OL is struggling and it's not like it's all Turner. If it were Turner mostly with some Warmack sprinkled in, Schwenke would already have gotten a shot. But since all 3 interior players are taking turns making mistakes, you don't want to add some more with a rookie....at least not in-season. Because you can't really have turner starting games but have Schwenke practice with the first unit until he's 'ready.' That would help Scwenke but hurt the team.

I agree that IF we see Schwenke it will be after the bye where he can get 2 weeks to prepare with the first team. Then again, the coaching staff may also look at the ranking of our opponents D and feel we will improve after the bye just from who we are playing.

The advantage of Scwenke is that he is bigger and more solid. Turner is a big quicker but has more trouble with BIG DT's and the bullrush. It will be interesting to see what we do after the bye. Do we see Schwenke at OC and Greene at RB enter as starters?
  2. Luke Smartwater Jedi Master

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $194
    Makes no sense to change anything right now. We need consistency. Our entire interior line is new. It takes a little while to get them all in sync.
    We could have easily won the Seattle game. Fitzpatrick was downright awful. As far as accuracy is concerned he was on par with Kerry Collins. Terrible. Going deep to Nate who is tightly covered by Sherman is ****ing stupid. Throwing it high in that situation is ****ing insane.
    rodgev and Riverman high five this.
  3. Riverman Dread the red

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,542
    Yeah- those were pretty bad decisions coupled with bad throws. But the deep ball was necessary because we couldn't do chit to move the ball.

Playing Seattle at home is tough no doubt. My impression is that most people here aren't that upset we lost that game, only that the OL failed to let us have a chance to win it. The frustration comes because we have invested a lot in the offense and can't get much going.

Changes do need to be made in regards to the execution of the OL. Matthews needs to get that figured out.