Titans should Trade CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by petergriffin16, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh yes. Post his stats vs AFC south teams altogether considering 2 of the teams suck. lmao @ noting Jags as a big game. Yeah... of course. He also had a 53 yard game vs that terrible team last season too.

In the most hyped game we played last season:

vs Pitt...

CJ = 2.1 yards per carry. 34 yards.

2 yards per carry vs Indy and 39 yards in the last game.

Similar to last season when he had 34 yards vs Indy in game 1. 57 vs Pittsburgh.

But he sure pads them vs all the worst teams in the league.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

My son's middle name is Earl... because of the Tyler Rose.

3. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

Not trying to get into a statistic battle, but pittsburg has like the greatest run defense for 3 decades, and I don't remember how many games it was but pittsburgh had a streak going of games without a 100 yard runner.

It matters.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

As long as I have been alive??? I doubt it. My only point is that you are being pretty tough on the organization here.

If you REALLY think that, after someone goes in front of the media offering something that he is not going to be seriously held to that, you are kidding yourself. The only reason CJ is not on the field right now is that he wants more than top RB pay. If Reinfeldt had hit his number in the media he would have shown up to close the deal...lets be real here.

So, I ask again, if the Titans offered CJ top RB pay, and he is still holding out while under contract, how exactly does that force you to conclude that the Titans are cheap, and also that the Titans, their management, and all those associated with "said team" suck? That is a pretty strong indictment coming from someone who claims to be a lifelong fan....or are you an Oilers fan who is still pissed that they left town?

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Honestly, it's the other way around for me.

I can't get over how crazy CJ homers are. The guy is good. There's no denying it. No one is claiming he should be traded due to lack of skill or lack of game impact. They're claiming he should be traded because he is demanding way too much money and isn't going to be the key for our team, especially since we are currently in re-building mode.

Here's the thing that really gets me... The huge CJ fans cannot admit that after two or three (at the most) more seasons, he will be done. I'm not claiming that he is too injury prone or gets beat up too much. That's not it... it's his speed. He can't keep that 4.24 speed for long. In fact, I'm sure it's closer to 4.3 now. He definitely lost a step last year, injured or not. As soon as it drops to 4.45 in 3 years, he's rendered useless.

What is the point in signing CJ to a huge, long term contract (that will force us to have many holes in other positions) when we won't get a shot at the Super Bowl over the next couple of seasons?

Unless our Front Office feels like we have a legitimate shot at winning a Super Bowl sooner than later, we have no real reason to keep CJ around.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Pretty sure he had an 87 yarder called back for Amano's stupid hold.

7. Deuce Wayne

it does, but when you look through CJ's game logs you see he's quite the cherry-picker and rarely shows up vs the big boys.

8. Deuce Wayne

Well, that sorta doesn't count....

Most RBs best runs are called back for holds. haha

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

you still celebrating Renfros TD as well

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

He had 220+ yards in that Jags game. That was a huge game. And the "terrible" Jags almost won our division last year. If they beat the Colts in their last game they go to the playoffs.

You quote 2 games, one of which was ultimately meaningless and the QB threw 2 picks, to claim CJ sucks. Games which we were playing from behind the whole time.

I quoted every division game he's ever played. Those are the most important games of the season, period. And 5 of those 17 games are against one of the best teams in the league. Big sample size, 1/3 of the sample is against playoff teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar